Thread: Cozened Indigo
View Single Post
Cheesegreater
07-11-2007, 02:23 PM

Here's my take on the line.

Weeping shades of cozened indigo means you are weeping with ill intent; think about when people put on the water-works just to get their way. So when Maynard says, "Musta got lemon-juice up in your eye" he's poking fun at the people who fake their emotions for personal gain.

Lines like "When you pissed all over my black kettle." are talking about hypocrisy obviously. Remember it was The Pot that called the kettle black. The Pot in this song is the collective hypocrisy going on in the world today. The Pot is pissing on the kettle because it pretends to be so much better when in actuality, they are the same thing.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:23 PM   #103
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26
Re: Cozened Indigo

Here's my take on the line.

Weeping shades of cozened indigo means you are weeping with ill intent; think about when people put on the water-works just to get their way. So when Maynard says, "Musta got lemon-juice up in your eye" he's poking fun at the people who fake their emotions for personal gain.

Lines like "When you pissed all over my black kettle." are talking about hypocrisy obviously. Remember it was The Pot that called the kettle black. The Pot in this song is the collective hypocrisy going on in the world today. The Pot is pissing on the kettle because it pretends to be so much better when in actuality, they are the same thing.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote