Thread: Cozened Indigo
View Single Post
The Holy Gift's Avatar The Holy Gift
07-11-2007, 12:05 AM

well first off im like 99.9856% positive it isnt "cozened" since speach of the word the way it used in the song doesnt exist. i have done some audio editing on it, and it sounds just like chosen. i dont care what the "official" lyrics say...especially considering that isnt the only place they would be wrong. second lets look at the line, then, as he sings it: now your weaping shades of chosen indigo, got lemon juice up in your eye.

here is the assumptions we'll be using:
indigo is closely related to spirituality/power. (and how many stupid "miracles" have we seen of statues of mary and jesus weaping?)
lemon juice in the eye would force you to shed tears, as such is your eye's natural defense to foreign things.

so i feel, what hes saying, and ill be using the pronoun YOU as the universal you that he uses in the song:

you were "weaping tears" to claim power and spirituality, but the lemon juice in your eye forced to to shed those tears, so they arent sincere.

basically hes saying people that claim spirituality/power like false prophets, leaders of churches, heads of state, are all insincere in their claims.

thats how i view it, and it fits to me because this song is about hypocrisy.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:05 AM   #99
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Cozened Indigo

well first off im like 99.9856% positive it isnt "cozened" since speach of the word the way it used in the song doesnt exist. i have done some audio editing on it, and it sounds just like chosen. i dont care what the "official" lyrics say...especially considering that isnt the only place they would be wrong. second lets look at the line, then, as he sings it: now your weaping shades of chosen indigo, got lemon juice up in your eye.

here is the assumptions we'll be using:
indigo is closely related to spirituality/power. (and how many stupid "miracles" have we seen of statues of mary and jesus weaping?)
lemon juice in the eye would force you to shed tears, as such is your eye's natural defense to foreign things.

so i feel, what hes saying, and ill be using the pronoun YOU as the universal you that he uses in the song:

you were "weaping tears" to claim power and spirituality, but the lemon juice in your eye forced to to shed those tears, so they arent sincere.

basically hes saying people that claim spirituality/power like false prophets, leaders of churches, heads of state, are all insincere in their claims.

thats how i view it, and it fits to me because this song is about hypocrisy.