Thread: Cozened Indigo
View Single Post
The Holy Gift's Avatar The Holy Gift
07-05-2007, 08:34 PM

i simply dont think the "official" lyrics are correct. they certainly arent posted on toolband.com. maynard didnt descend from a golden cloud and stamp them with the huge rubber "official" stamp. ive spent hours with a lossless WMA file in Adobe's Audition, cleaning it up, reducing noice, extracting the center channel of just his voice; and as clear as day its a "CH" sound, as in choke, chop, chosen. other parts of the lyrics appear to not only be missing, but wrong. (on top of that, there are separate words being said very softly, low, and under the music. i cant exactly tell what they say, but its kind of reminiscent of viginti tres they way you fool around with it and stuff - but i digress.) he simply doesnt sing "cozened", has anyone looked at the pronuciation? it would be pronounced like "cousin" (kŭz'en). u can flame away telling me "BUT THEY'RE OFFICIAL" all you want, i dont care. its just not what he sings.

Last edited by The Holy Gift; 07-05-2007 at 08:37 PM..
Old 07-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #92
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Cozened Indigo

i simply dont think the "official" lyrics are correct. they certainly arent posted on toolband.com. maynard didnt descend from a golden cloud and stamp them with the huge rubber "official" stamp. ive spent hours with a lossless WMA file in Adobe's Audition, cleaning it up, reducing noice, extracting the center channel of just his voice; and as clear as day its a "CH" sound, as in choke, chop, chosen. other parts of the lyrics appear to not only be missing, but wrong. (on top of that, there are separate words being said very softly, low, and under the music. i cant exactly tell what they say, but its kind of reminiscent of viginti tres they way you fool around with it and stuff - but i digress.) he simply doesnt sing "cozened", has anyone looked at the pronuciation? it would be pronounced like "cousin" (kŭz'en). u can flame away telling me "BUT THEY'RE OFFICIAL" all you want, i dont care. its just not what he sings.

Last edited by The Holy Gift; 07-05-2007 at 08:37 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote