View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 10:25 AM   #36
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 41
Re: 2006/05/20 - New York, NY - City Center

Had a chance to sleep on it and reflect on the shows, and I guess I would have to say thank you to whoever was looking out for me up there or my karma or whatever that I got to see 3 shows on long-shot miracle tickets (scalpers didnt make a dime on me- New York shows I got to see only thanks to NYCMale who rarely posts here but gave a heads up on these boards when tickets got released last friday, thank you man I will be eternally grateful whoever you are), plus Coachella.

I agree with the person above(hbynoe) when Tool comes around in the future if I get extra tickets Im passing them on to some deserving fans outside the shows.

As for the show, what I forgot to write last night- I dont know if Maynard used the line in the other shows but he introduced the new album as "10,000 Reasons to Live" how fucking powerful/spiritual is that? He said something like "We got a new album out, etc" like hes been doing on the tour but changed the name here.

From what Im reading everybody seems to have their favorite "Tool" be it Adam, Danny etc, for me Maynard is the MAN or should I write "Maynard is God" on the theater walls? His voice was ON last night, and he was hitting all the notes and lyrics. As for Maynards abrupt exists the last two nights at the end, from what I remember(correct me if Im wrong) they all walked off together both in Chicago and at Coachella, but I wouldnt read too much into it.

Finally I hope all out of towners had a good time and enjoyed the city, I think sometimes us natives forget how good we have it here with the music scene, and when you talk to people who came from Canada etc and what a blast they are having and how they wished they lived here I think we remember to appreciate it more, how lucky we are...
OFFLINE |