View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 09:18 AM   #33
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/20 - New York, NY - City Center

Hi all, first post, been seeing Tool live since '94, seen them about 14 times and saw them in NYC last night. I wrote a little review about it on another board and here's what I wrote.

Saw Tool last night in NYC, sat 10th row in a very intimate theatre so whatever they played sounded incredibly tight and loud, kind of felt like they were performing privately in someones living room. Maynards voice was perfect all the way through his ranges. Danny on drums that close up is his own show, just so fucking talented. The errie Tool guitar sounds where in full force and they put you in a comfortable place. The crowd was very refined I guess, everyone there knew this was going to be a special venue and respected the theatre and each other. The key to that was they didnt allow food or drinks at your seats, so everyone kinda focused on the music more, at least I did. Although some people were smoking weed in there, no beers at your seats.
They played only 3 new songs off 10,000 days which kind of suprised me and opting to play songs like Schism, Sober, Stinkfist, Aenima, all huge radio play hits, wasn't the best playlist they could've come up with in my opinion. I'd love to have heard alot more of 10,000 days.
Off of 10,000 days they played, Jambi, Vicarious and a dead on Rosetta Stoned, which all three were the highlight of the night. They also threw in 46&2, the Patient and Lateralus, which was amazing.

Maynard, unlit and standing next to the drum kit was donning his mohawk and often putting on his cowboy hat with sunglasses. He was sans a shirt and wearing jeans with a huge Texas like beltbuckle and his new look, cowboy boots which he gave a few Elvis straight kicks with. Not too much movement from him, probably more than last tour though. Just a awesome dislpay of power through music.

My .02 on what was one of unforgetable Tool shows. Cant wait to see the arena tour.