View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 04:47 AM   #27
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/20 - New York, NY - City Center

I Love NY!!!

What a difference a day makes.

I would like to start this off by saying....anyone that did not sit in the orchestra, or the very first rows of the Grand Tier----never went to these concerts!!!!.......I sat in the front mezzanine the night before and it was like that was the opening act for the real tool that showed up Saturday---it was like night and day...no comparison...... If I could make a perfect analogy sight wise---sitting in the mezz or gallery is like sitting in the cheap seats at a hockey game behind the net where you can barely see the goal....you are constantly leaning forward to see everything....that is what i felt like Fri.---Sat, i sat in the Orchestra--there was no comparison. And, the sound was 1 million times better from the Orchestra!!!!! I would also like to say that this was the best tool concert i have ever been to. (as stated yesterday---I seen them at least 10 times now.....I was one of the very, very, few people to ever hear ticks and leeches live too--so this says a lot.) The band came out very late, and when they did --you could tell they meant business!! I think they made a great play by coming out all together and cranking into stinkfist,,,,,it was way better than the night before when they opened with lost keys and rosetta stoned. I do not think I am going out on any limb by saying we seen the best version of Rosetta stoned on the tour. It was great. And, i finally figured out why the sound sounds muffled on that song......Maynard sings through a megaphone for half that song. To cut right to the crash....Rosetta stoned sounded 10000 times better than the night before. Then, I must have been hallucinating, because i thought i heard a "wasted years" riff by Iron Maiden in the middle of "schism"??? Was I High or can someone tell me if that was true.
The band was so powerful and on.....I hope this does not sound weird, but, it is like an orgasmic feeling you get when these guys are into it (although , to tell you the truth, I don't think any of my girls have made me feel that good, so let me take that back : ) Maynard was hilarious as usual....way funnier than the night before....."Get Out".....Oh it's sat. it's not a school night. " " I've heard farts louder"....he is sooo funny......if he did not sing like a god.....he could do stand up comedy......he is a riot.
I truly believe that these guys are the 4 very best in the business right now..they have the best singer without question, hands down , the best drummer ever, the best bassist going right now---(well, I take that back---Les claypool from Primus, is better) .......and i am not old enough to appreciate Jimi Hendrix, or Stevie Ray Vaughn, which legend has it, were the two very best, But, this Adam Jones plays a guitar like i never heard and I think that he may be the best guitarist going too....this may also be debatable (I like the edge too) , but to me....there is no debate. To have these 4 great maestros all in the same band is incredible. Like another thing I said yesterday.........it is like seeing living legends like Tiger Woods at their craft........thank Christ I was around to see it.
The trip from Florida was worth it...it was one of the greatest weekends of my life!!!! Any money that people spent to see this.....i spent 2000 total ---was worth it. And, ANYONE who complains about the sound of Saturday, was not sitting in the right spot. I had to ask the guy next to me if i was actually seeing and hearing everything that was going on.....he assured me I was alive, so i was.

In my message yesterday......I just wanted to hear a different setlist---i wanted "right in two" replaced by "the patient" and " the pot" ....almost got my wish---no complaints whatsoever!!!!!!! I was with my lifetime best friend , who did a lot to score some green which we had to find a spot to enjoy it.....we did---right around the corner in NYC.......and can't put into words how i felt...WELL OFF TO FLORIDA---although my sister lives in Boston?????? maybe their will be a delay to my flight.........Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you ---Tool!!!!!!

ps....Learn to swim..........also, how many times do you think someone has lit up a spleef in that theater during "gone with the wind" or some other play???? The security seemed a little freaked.

Last edited by vicarious462; 05-21-2006 at 05:45 AM..
OFFLINE |