View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 01:23 AM   #26
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 801
Re: 2006/05/20 - New York, NY - City Center

20-05-06

After last night show, I came home passed out and got up with a bout of anxiety, another tool day, after calling my friend from Brooklyn and three friends in NJ I told them that I was working frantically to get tickets for the show so they can experience tool with me. I left home at around 12 and took two hours to get into the city. I get to city center and they told me they had five tickets for sale, three rear mezz together and two, so I buy them. After all I don’t care where I sit. Well I did but after last night I know that having a front row tool ticket is a once in a lifetime opportunity, it was someone else’s night to have what I had. Me and my friend went to get lunch and we get back to the venue about 5 30. We get in line, causee there is a line word got out that a lot of tickets were released the day before, so I stand in line with dloozer and a couple other guys that I saw from Friday. The line was SLOW and unforgiving, I swear I stood it it till at least 7 30 or so, but it was totally worth it, I got tickets in the orchestra row L. I went out after and sold two tickets below face value to two guys who were looking for four with their friends. Least I could do. I had another ticket for the rear gallery because I did a trade on Friday that would ensure me being there if tickets weren’t released. I met this guy called aaron and I just gave him the ticket cause he is a hard core tool fan and it was his first time. I didn’t want any money for it, it was about passing on tool for me in hope that the next time I see them again it would just be amazing. The energy pre, during and post show was awesome. I have come to the conclusion that tool fans are only assholes online. Not in real life…well not the ones that I meet :). So I was feeling very optimistic about the whole day. I met a great girl in the line who was surprising her husband by getting him tickets and she got one and he had a great time.
I wait for my friends from jersey and we head in, I was pushed into bliss I swear, so much better for me than last night, the energy was more vibrant and lucid to me, they sounded really good, clear and fucking Adam on the talk box. Shivers I maintained constant shivers for the entirety of the show, putting Rosetta in the mix further down was brilliant, my fave tonight again was lateralus. Something about that song and the sentiment is so special so full of hope to this day for me, it will always be one of those crowning memories to regurgitate and bring back up. All of them just gave it so much, I didn’t have the chance to look at much since I was just in my tool zone but they moved me completely. I was very sad because I am leaving the US for a long time going back home to the Caribbean and I don’t think that ill be seeing them again for a while. So I said my goodbyes and it completely broke my heart. I know that I have enough of that in me to carry me through but goodbyes are hard, periods are harder. It was so beautiful the moment where I just completely felt utter sadness mixed with euphoria. Sensory overload in the process, best tool show I have been to ever, mixed with the emotions it totally catapulted the music into another atmosphere.
I don’t know what time we came out but I loitered around and looked for my friends the NJers weren’t going to COSM so I told them goodbye and hooked up with a toolarmy buddy (whoracle p.s the man ) , his friend and my friend and we went looking for a place downtown to eat, midway across the block we decide to look for the tour bus and wait for the band. We got to where they were and saw the trucks being loaded I found a seat and smoked and just took everything in. from about 12 to 130 or 2 am
I decided to say fuck it and tell them I am starving and we should go eat. I stand up and who walks out the door….Adam. I couldn’t believe it, firstly he is the only member of tool that I have ever had the interest of meeting and lo and behold he actually faced the crowd. He was so fucking nice, he signed a lot of everything and even my ticket, I took a picture with him. My hero, now I have no one on my list. It is totally surreal to even think that that happened tonight, it did. It is burned in me. Forever. A total inspirational moment that I have filed away, something about the reality gave me strength and closure to my tool journey in the US. I have loved them and will love them for my entire life, you know it is just one of those things that you know.
Me and my friends went downtown after and talked, ate and just spent hours soaking this experience up. It is going to be hard to top this ever, but I know if one band can, it would be my tool ☺

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...52106_0050.jpg

i thought they were all beautiful really but my god in person...stunning...

One of the best nights of my life.
It is 5 22 I am tired.
I am going to drift away now.
Peace

Holly