View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 11:33 PM   #19
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 41
Re: 2006/05/20 - New York, NY - City Center

This one I had Orchestra right side, under the overhang, and its was bass overload all night long. And since the sound man is sitting under the overhang himself they probably couldnt figure out a way to fix the problem, I guess maybe LOWERING the bass just a little never entered their minds.

(much better sound in Gallery previous night, and btw thanks for reminding me, the gallery did move a LOT the previous night, it made me real fucking nervous that we were gonna wind up breaking news on CNN).

Danny was wearing his LA Lakers uniform,(as opposed to the Clippers kit night before) wtf thats just not right, thats like wearing Arsenal one night, Tottenham next...

I think this was Maynard best performance to date on this minitour, as far as vocals and moving around on stage. here I have to go back again to what someone wrote last night, MJK is Tool and there is no Tool without him, PERIOD.

Adam broke a string on his guitar during Sober, however other than that pretty clean performance, probably his best on the tour so far(that I heard)(and btw I hate the Peter Frampton/Bon Jovi guitar talk box, wish he never used it...)

Lost Keys/Rosetta works much better as an opener than the way it was placed tonight in the middle/ late part of the show.

This will be my last show of 4 Ive seen on this minitour. Soundwise, Coachella was the best, this one was the worst(definitely depends on where you were sitting, though).
Overall performance from band I would say Chicago was the best, and Coachella was the worst. Wished they mixed up their set list more, playing the same songs night after night makes them sound stale especially if youre going to see them on multiple nights.

They are letting the staging stifle them as a band IMHO(I kind of think NOW I know what those old geezers meant when they said mid 70s Floyd was all right but you shoud have seen them in the 60s, Tool seems to have followed same progression).
Please, when you come back in the fall, at least for the encores, fuck the little pedestals, fuck the screens, pull out your old dance songs and tear the house down.
OFFLINE |