View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 10:53 PM   #15
Banned.

Bincount™: 2701
Re: 2006/05/20 - New York, NY - City Center

its fucken 2:40 am, just got home and i'm beat up..physically and emotionally,...MY EARS ARE STILL RINGING!@!!

1. totally blown away/surprised they opened with stinkfist
2. totally thought we werent gonna get LK/Rosetta, then BAM we got it and it tore the roof off the place
3. Lateralus, I almost lost my body/mind just before they sing "with my feet"
4. Visuals were sick, sound was AMAZING (FUCK ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE DANNY CAREY HITS THOSE DRUMS SO FUCKEN HARD THEY MOVE YOU)
5. I GOT TO MEET ALEX/ALLISON GREY after the show and they signed my ticket which was a plus and had a short conversation with Alex it was awsome :) (the guy next to me got the setlist and had Alex sign it i was so jelous)

So yeah the show was absoloutley amazing, i cant believe we were so close (orchestra row o) and the crowd was wayyyyy into it. Reefer madness everywhere! The venue itself was gorgeous. And the sound was perfect. Maynards vocals were low for maybe 2-3 minutes out of the whole show, other than that it was amazing. I almost shit myself when i walked into the theatre and saw how close we were.

When we arrived at the venue it was approximatley 9:30, and there was a huge ass line outside the venue. I was like "what the fuck is this shit?" So we stood in line and people were yelling fucken funny things like "Maynard was sent down from Heaven to sing to US!!!!" and "Maynard makes me cum on myself!"...fucken funny shit...and people were actually smoking bowls while waiting in line which i found quite amusing as my friend took part in a session. Everyone was yelling and making tons of noise when they finally opened the doors around 9:45...and at this point i was like damn "Tool isnt gonna take the stage until 10:30 with the looks of things!" Security was sloppy, as they werent prepared to get people through security checkpoints at a good pace. Lines were ridiculous and long, and it was just dissapointing.

So we get into the venue at about 9:55-10:00, and we immediatley head to the merch stand where I picked up an awsome black shirt with the Net of Being on the front and back with the tour dates. I purchased a poster after the show :)

So we're at the merch stand and people start yelling "They're coming on quick go to your seats!!!" So we run and open the door to the theatre, and my jaw just dropped. So amazing how small and intimate it was. By the time we got to our seats the lights went out and the adrenaline started pumping. The curtain raised and we heard the long extended note before stinkfist starts....and all i could think was "where's lost keys?" Then BAM!!!! Stinkfist in all its rocken glory! Great Opener in my opinion. The extended version was sick, and i still can't believe people fall for it still!!! Then right into 46 & 2. The 46 & 2 Drum solo shook the entire place, and left my speechless with my jaw hanging. I don't know how he does it Danny Carey is a drum God! God i tell you! No one can come close to his intensity AND his perfection! and his beats! If I could have my live drums sound 1/10 like his...wow

So the whole time I was like, "are we gonna get a different show cuz of no LK/Rosetta?" Jambi was amazing, loved the visuals, and Adam nailed the talkbox solo perfectly. It was awsome to watch him play it flawlessly (and better than the album imo). I never really watched Adam at all the whole, I was mostly fixated on Danny and Maynard and Justin (who gained tons of respect from the crowd/me, i seriously think this guy is so underrated)

Other highlights include hearing Eon Blue and I;'m like "oh shit we're gonna hear The Patient"...and bam The Patient started with i think an ***extended intro****...and i almost broke down....it was played so beautifully...some of the visuals during some of the songs made me wanna cry to. Words can not express what I saw tonight. It feels like a perfect dream!!!! Lateralus was purley beautiful. Every single song was amazing, and i loved how MJK put strong emphasis and shouted the lyrics "STUPID SHIT.....STUPID SHIT....SILLY SHIT!!!!" of Aenema like he was really fucken pissed. I'm almost positive mjk sand "fuck l. ron hubbard" tonight instead of rupert murdoch. I'll end now and post more tomorrow. I am still in awe.

Like MJK said tonight "Those that are in the know, know....those that don't...need to get with it"

oh yeah, kudos to the drum solo in 46 & 2.....fucken insane!!! and the extended stinkfist...hi-hat madness!!!

THANK YOU TOOL!

Last edited by moneyisevil; 05-20-2006 at 11:13 PM..
OFFLINE |