View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 10:05 PM   #11
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/20 - New York, NY - City Center

Tonight's show definitely came off better than friday's. Last night, i was stuck in the mezzanine and was shocked as hell when the band came on and THERE WERE EMPTY SEATS all around me (unless people coming in just went right up to the rail instead of their seats). And the energy of the crowd seemed to be lacking. Everyone just seemed to bob along with the songs...it all felt really tame to me. TOnight....1 MILLION TIMES BETTER. TOOL didn't throw in anything new or special for this show, but they shuffled the setlist around. For this show I was up in the gallery, which to me was way better than being in the mezz. In the mezz I had to deal with the gallery roof hanging over me and the sound/view wasn't all that great. From upstairs, though, it was all clear. Awesome view, and the sound was much better than on friday, though i still had trouble understanding maynard's chit chat. All i heard was *garble-garble-garble* New York! *garble-garble-garble* Saturday!!
The crowd tonight was much fuckin' better too. Lots of people jumping around and pumping their fists and showing some fuckin' enthusiasm. All around, tonight was much, much more enjoyable.