View Single Post
Runner701's Avatar Runner701
08-13-2009, 11:04 AM

The Lolla poster is definitely Adam's work. There are a couple on ebay right now...

I am curious about the discrepancies between the signed and unsigned posters for the purpose of authentication. My signed poster does not have an embossed seal (an oversight?), while all of the unsigned posters definitely do have an embossed seal in the lower right hand corner.

If the unsigned posters were the only ones to be embossed, it would prohibit someone from adding signatures an unsigned poster - because we would know that all the embossed posters were never signed by the band.

However, I have seen several so-called "signed posters" up for sale on ebay that have the embossed seal. I'm wondering if these are fakes (or if my signed poster without a seal is an anomaly).

Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by Runner701; 08-13-2009 at 11:36 AM..
Old 08-13-2009, 11:04 AM   #39
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.08.09 - Chicago, IL @ Lollapolooza

The Lolla poster is definitely Adam's work. There are a couple on ebay right now...

I am curious about the discrepancies between the signed and unsigned posters for the purpose of authentication. My signed poster does not have an embossed seal (an oversight?), while all of the unsigned posters definitely do have an embossed seal in the lower right hand corner.

If the unsigned posters were the only ones to be embossed, it would prohibit someone from adding signatures an unsigned poster - because we would know that all the embossed posters were never signed by the band.

However, I have seen several so-called "signed posters" up for sale on ebay that have the embossed seal. I'm wondering if these are fakes (or if my signed poster without a seal is an anomaly).

Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by Runner701; 08-13-2009 at 11:36 AM..
OFFLINE |