View Single Post
The Rak
08-11-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
The Lateralus solo maybe... but when I heard that variation on the riff for the second verse in stinkfist I had a hunch i knew what he was doing. I was able to come home and figure it out. I dont know if you know much about playing guitar but all he did was repeating hammer on's the 14th and 17th frets on the lowest three strings... the pattern just kind of continues up and down. It's very much like one of the riffs from extension, only played one octave higher. In the extension he does the same pattern on the 2nd and 5th frets. So to me that one just seemed more like a simple little change-up. I'm with ya on the Lateralus solo though, that was really cool and felt a lot like the solo from Rosetta Stoned; only kind of warmer sounding as opposed to Rosetta Stoned's tension-laced, feedbacky, gritty solo.
Adam also played that new part on Stinkfist in Rio Rancho. Glad someone else noticed something about these shows besides the damn lasers.

/flees after posting on a show I wasn't at . . .
Old 08-11-2009, 07:50 PM   #34

Bincount™: 31
Re: 08.08.09 - Chicago, IL @ Lollapolooza

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
The Lateralus solo maybe... but when I heard that variation on the riff for the second verse in stinkfist I had a hunch i knew what he was doing. I was able to come home and figure it out. I dont know if you know much about playing guitar but all he did was repeating hammer on's the 14th and 17th frets on the lowest three strings... the pattern just kind of continues up and down. It's very much like one of the riffs from extension, only played one octave higher. In the extension he does the same pattern on the 2nd and 5th frets. So to me that one just seemed more like a simple little change-up. I'm with ya on the Lateralus solo though, that was really cool and felt a lot like the solo from Rosetta Stoned; only kind of warmer sounding as opposed to Rosetta Stoned's tension-laced, feedbacky, gritty solo.
Adam also played that new part on Stinkfist in Rio Rancho. Glad someone else noticed something about these shows besides the damn lasers.

/flees after posting on a show I wasn't at . . .
OFFLINE |