View Single Post
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
08-11-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner701 View Post
Did anyone notice Adam playing new guitar riffs (in the verse for Stinkfist, and a slight variation stylistically during the guitar solo for Lateralus)?

Riffs to be included in the new album?
The Lateralus solo maybe... but when I heard that variation on the riff for the second verse in stinkfist I had a hunch i knew what he was doing. I was able to come home and figure it out. I dont know if you know much about playing guitar but all he did was repeating hammer on's the 14th and 17th frets on the lowest three strings... the pattern just kind of continues up and down. It's very much like one of the riffs from extension, only played one octave higher. In the extension he does the same pattern on the 2nd and 5th frets. So to me that one just seemed more like a simple little change-up. I'm with ya on the Lateralus solo though, that was really cool and felt a lot like the solo from Rosetta Stoned; only kind of warmer sounding as opposed to Rosetta Stoned's tension-laced, feedbacky, gritty solo.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:00 AM   #32
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860
Re: 08.08.09 - Chicago, IL @ Lollapolooza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner701 View Post
Did anyone notice Adam playing new guitar riffs (in the verse for Stinkfist, and a slight variation stylistically during the guitar solo for Lateralus)?

Riffs to be included in the new album?
The Lateralus solo maybe... but when I heard that variation on the riff for the second verse in stinkfist I had a hunch i knew what he was doing. I was able to come home and figure it out. I dont know if you know much about playing guitar but all he did was repeating hammer on's the 14th and 17th frets on the lowest three strings... the pattern just kind of continues up and down. It's very much like one of the riffs from extension, only played one octave higher. In the extension he does the same pattern on the 2nd and 5th frets. So to me that one just seemed more like a simple little change-up. I'm with ya on the Lateralus solo though, that was really cool and felt a lot like the solo from Rosetta Stoned; only kind of warmer sounding as opposed to Rosetta Stoned's tension-laced, feedbacky, gritty solo.