View Single Post
TheChad1868's Avatar TheChad1868
08-10-2009, 01:37 PM

Ok just got back home to Dallas and got settled in. The drive was not as bad as I thought it would be. 3rd Tool show and I wanted to see them in a situation I have never been in. Ive sat 2nd row in front of JC at OKC where there were chairs on the floor bc that bible thumping state does not allow pits and I sat second deck center at the SA show 2 weeks ago.

So for this show I got there at 11 am and kept the spot where the rail turned diagonal from the stage right in front of AJ. All day, no pissing, nothing, did not move. I have a shaved head and a black bandanna on my neck if you saw me. Out of the other two shows this one was my favorite because It seemed like I was completely caught in the moment close (very close) to some real fans. There were a couple of teenage fucks just there to snap pics tho. I made sure to crush them as hard as I could.

Much better show without the "drum off"
For a couple of moments I did not know what the hell they were about to play
Maynard was very active
I spent most of the day watching the techs do work then listening to any of the bands
(which one is Junior by the way?)
Saw someone try to throw a water bottle at the flying camera, would of done the same
Thought that dude that flipped over the rail was about to die right then and there
Felt a slight dip in the energy in the crowd after Lateralus and into Vicarious (why do they have to end with that song?)
AJ asked for his volume up during the first part his Jambi voice box riff
AJ tricked out Aenima for about 30 secs and blew my mind

Overall this show was my favorite being front "row" right in the shit. So much energy from the band that night which made the show so much better. I have no idea how good the sound was being that close tho but who cares. This show really gave me a sense of hope for the band compared to the SA show because I really felt and saw them enjoying it. I left the show completely excited about the future of Tool. It was definitely worth selling my Wii to get to this show. "PEACE OUT"
Old 08-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #27
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.08.09 - Chicago, IL @ Lollapolooza

Ok just got back home to Dallas and got settled in. The drive was not as bad as I thought it would be. 3rd Tool show and I wanted to see them in a situation I have never been in. Ive sat 2nd row in front of JC at OKC where there were chairs on the floor bc that bible thumping state does not allow pits and I sat second deck center at the SA show 2 weeks ago.

So for this show I got there at 11 am and kept the spot where the rail turned diagonal from the stage right in front of AJ. All day, no pissing, nothing, did not move. I have a shaved head and a black bandanna on my neck if you saw me. Out of the other two shows this one was my favorite because It seemed like I was completely caught in the moment close (very close) to some real fans. There were a couple of teenage fucks just there to snap pics tho. I made sure to crush them as hard as I could.

Much better show without the "drum off"
For a couple of moments I did not know what the hell they were about to play
Maynard was very active
I spent most of the day watching the techs do work then listening to any of the bands
(which one is Junior by the way?)
Saw someone try to throw a water bottle at the flying camera, would of done the same
Thought that dude that flipped over the rail was about to die right then and there
Felt a slight dip in the energy in the crowd after Lateralus and into Vicarious (why do they have to end with that song?)
AJ asked for his volume up during the first part his Jambi voice box riff
AJ tricked out Aenima for about 30 secs and blew my mind

Overall this show was my favorite being front "row" right in the shit. So much energy from the band that night which made the show so much better. I have no idea how good the sound was being that close tho but who cares. This show really gave me a sense of hope for the band compared to the SA show because I really felt and saw them enjoying it. I left the show completely excited about the future of Tool. It was definitely worth selling my Wii to get to this show. "PEACE OUT"