View Single Post
pathologicalglances
08-09-2009, 01:25 PM

This was my second Tool show. The last Tool show I saw was in Columbus Ohio in a seat with decent stage view, probably 19 rows back. It was during the 10,000 Days tour so the setlist was very similiar. The show I saw last night I was much closer. My wife and I stayed for 5 hours in front of the stage to make sure we were in good position. We were 7 people diagonal from the stage. I would estimate 10-15 feet from the stage. Had a great dead on view of Maynard and Danny. The show was great. The band was really into the songs and the vibe of the festival. Maynard was exceptionally chatty in my opinion. The crowd was horrible. Moshing during Flood is fucking stupid. I could see it in aenima and I could see it in Rosetta Stoned, but the rest of the moshing was ignorant. The pushing was just ridiculous too. I am confident when I say I'll never watch a Tool show that close again without seats being set up on the floor. I am glad I experienced them playing that close and if the setlist wouldn't have been so similiar as it was last tour it would have been disappointing. I found the band to be spot on for most of the show. I couldn't record any decent video for the bad behavior of the crowd. I got to record Jambi, however, the audio is horrible because of how close we were to the speakers which the drums and bass were being routed through. The vocals sounded awesome from our position though. Very clear. Today at 3 pm I was also able to snag one of the autographed posters so that was a nice bonus. I am off to see Them Crooked Vultures tonight at the metro, I got fortunate enough to score those tickets on Thrusday morning. For those of you who don't know who they are, look out for them, I believe they will be upon the very limited number of bands that don't suck. Tool still has it and I'll be waiting for there next album before I try to see them again. Also I'll be getting back from the stage so I can really pay attention to the production these guys put on. For the haters, learn to move on. That is what this music is about. The band Tool is consisted of some regular people who really enjoy playing music. Their music is about embracing negativity. Rather it stems from aggression or frustration, whatever it may be. The bottom line is though, that with all their albums, the message has remained the same. Take that aggression and don't let it control you or weigh you down. Let it transform you and move on. Life is a constant cycle of death and rebirth. Reincarnation is our way of learning. Tool just figured that out a while ago and they are sticking to that creed.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.08.09 - Chicago, IL @ Lollapolooza

This was my second Tool show. The last Tool show I saw was in Columbus Ohio in a seat with decent stage view, probably 19 rows back. It was during the 10,000 Days tour so the setlist was very similiar. The show I saw last night I was much closer. My wife and I stayed for 5 hours in front of the stage to make sure we were in good position. We were 7 people diagonal from the stage. I would estimate 10-15 feet from the stage. Had a great dead on view of Maynard and Danny. The show was great. The band was really into the songs and the vibe of the festival. Maynard was exceptionally chatty in my opinion. The crowd was horrible. Moshing during Flood is fucking stupid. I could see it in aenima and I could see it in Rosetta Stoned, but the rest of the moshing was ignorant. The pushing was just ridiculous too. I am confident when I say I'll never watch a Tool show that close again without seats being set up on the floor. I am glad I experienced them playing that close and if the setlist wouldn't have been so similiar as it was last tour it would have been disappointing. I found the band to be spot on for most of the show. I couldn't record any decent video for the bad behavior of the crowd. I got to record Jambi, however, the audio is horrible because of how close we were to the speakers which the drums and bass were being routed through. The vocals sounded awesome from our position though. Very clear. Today at 3 pm I was also able to snag one of the autographed posters so that was a nice bonus. I am off to see Them Crooked Vultures tonight at the metro, I got fortunate enough to score those tickets on Thrusday morning. For those of you who don't know who they are, look out for them, I believe they will be upon the very limited number of bands that don't suck. Tool still has it and I'll be waiting for there next album before I try to see them again. Also I'll be getting back from the stage so I can really pay attention to the production these guys put on. For the haters, learn to move on. That is what this music is about. The band Tool is consisted of some regular people who really enjoy playing music. Their music is about embracing negativity. Rather it stems from aggression or frustration, whatever it may be. The bottom line is though, that with all their albums, the message has remained the same. Take that aggression and don't let it control you or weigh you down. Let it transform you and move on. Life is a constant cycle of death and rebirth. Reincarnation is our way of learning. Tool just figured that out a while ago and they are sticking to that creed.
OFFLINE |