07-30-2009, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyfive&1 View Post
'Good evening'
'I'd like to introduce Ashton Leach, AKA Laser Leach'
'Let the drumsterbation begin'
'Please excuse these doctors while they remove this drum set'
'Thanks for coming out'

That was about all we got from Maynard, other than excellent singing and a little robot dancing during 46&2.

I watched from the floor, about 6 rows back from the rail. It all sounded great, but was SO fucking loud! I watched the 07 show from the nosebleeds, so this was a nice change to basically the same show.

Jambi kicked ass with the slightly slower tempo. We got the full intro for Flood (a song Maynard sang much better than the original). The crowd energy was over the top for AEnema.

But as was said, the crowd sucked. There are some really dumb fucking people in this world. I hate feeling like I am about to fight someone at all times at a concert.

Let me add to that. The crowd were a bunch of idiots around me. I sat in section 115 which was straight back and only 3 rows are there. Great unobstructed view.

In front i had "monkey boy"who the whole night stood against the rail a did a chimpanzee up and down dance with his hands on the rail. The seats next to me on the left were continuously filled by the "next mystery guest", only to be removed by the female usher.

Then what beats all is that some asshole next to my son on the right was evidently drunk and possibly on something else followed us to the car yelling at the fact that i had an empty seat to hold my recording equipment (which was concealed and not in anyone face). he was evidently more pissed that i used that seat that I paid for holding stuff, despite the multiple unfilled seats around him.

The crowd for Slipknot was more tame than this. would I go see TOOL again? Absolutely, but the crowd made it hard to fully enjoy a full spectacle.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:01 AM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.29.09 - Charlotte, NC @ Bojangle's Coliseum

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyfive&1 View Post
'Good evening'
'I'd like to introduce Ashton Leach, AKA Laser Leach'
'Let the drumsterbation begin'
'Please excuse these doctors while they remove this drum set'
'Thanks for coming out'

That was about all we got from Maynard, other than excellent singing and a little robot dancing during 46&2.

I watched from the floor, about 6 rows back from the rail. It all sounded great, but was SO fucking loud! I watched the 07 show from the nosebleeds, so this was a nice change to basically the same show.

Jambi kicked ass with the slightly slower tempo. We got the full intro for Flood (a song Maynard sang much better than the original). The crowd energy was over the top for AEnema.

But as was said, the crowd sucked. There are some really dumb fucking people in this world. I hate feeling like I am about to fight someone at all times at a concert.

Let me add to that. The crowd were a bunch of idiots around me. I sat in section 115 which was straight back and only 3 rows are there. Great unobstructed view.

In front i had "monkey boy"who the whole night stood against the rail a did a chimpanzee up and down dance with his hands on the rail. The seats next to me on the left were continuously filled by the "next mystery guest", only to be removed by the female usher.

Then what beats all is that some asshole next to my son on the right was evidently drunk and possibly on something else followed us to the car yelling at the fact that i had an empty seat to hold my recording equipment (which was concealed and not in anyone face). he was evidently more pissed that i used that seat that I paid for holding stuff, despite the multiple unfilled seats around him.

The crowd for Slipknot was more tame than this. would I go see TOOL again? Absolutely, but the crowd made it hard to fully enjoy a full spectacle.
OFFLINE |