View Single Post
ChaseNine's Avatar ChaseNine
07-28-2009, 10:13 AM

I just have to state my opinion.

I am always on over at nin.com posting opinions, etc. and the very next day I saw this show in SLC I posted on nin.com, and I'm very happy to see that everybody seems to agree with me.

I have to state something. For anybody who hasn't seen a Tool show before (Intolerable, I read your post and I'm referring to you), this show was nonetheless epic. However, for me and others who saw Tool in 2007 here in Salt Lake, this year's show was just a total copycat fuckup. I am very disappointed that I paid 60 bucks to see the exact same show that I was fortunate enough to be a part of already.

And yet, at the same time, I am also very happy I was able to attend this years show and see my second favorite band play live again. This was my 2nd Tool show and I must say they're shows are impressive. Comparing my other favorite bands/concerts, there is only one that I think tops Tool in a live performance. So I am not here to rant and rave about how terrible Tool was this year. Yeah, Justin was drunk, yeah Maynard stands in the back corner where there is no stage light to show him at all and he wasn't very lively. Yeah the same setlist. But you know, for a repeat of something I've already seen, it was still an epic and amazing concert.

And anybody who hasn't seen them yet is missing out.

But still. I don't want to see the exact same shit. I want to see older songs, differentiation in the amazing concourse that is Tool. I am a diehard fan, and I will always love the songs that I think are long past dead as far as being played live.

C9
Old 07-28-2009, 10:13 AM   #38
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 07.19.09 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Energy Solutions

I just have to state my opinion.

I am always on over at nin.com posting opinions, etc. and the very next day I saw this show in SLC I posted on nin.com, and I'm very happy to see that everybody seems to agree with me.

I have to state something. For anybody who hasn't seen a Tool show before (Intolerable, I read your post and I'm referring to you), this show was nonetheless epic. However, for me and others who saw Tool in 2007 here in Salt Lake, this year's show was just a total copycat fuckup. I am very disappointed that I paid 60 bucks to see the exact same show that I was fortunate enough to be a part of already.

And yet, at the same time, I am also very happy I was able to attend this years show and see my second favorite band play live again. This was my 2nd Tool show and I must say they're shows are impressive. Comparing my other favorite bands/concerts, there is only one that I think tops Tool in a live performance. So I am not here to rant and rave about how terrible Tool was this year. Yeah, Justin was drunk, yeah Maynard stands in the back corner where there is no stage light to show him at all and he wasn't very lively. Yeah the same setlist. But you know, for a repeat of something I've already seen, it was still an epic and amazing concert.

And anybody who hasn't seen them yet is missing out.

But still. I don't want to see the exact same shit. I want to see older songs, differentiation in the amazing concourse that is Tool. I am a diehard fan, and I will always love the songs that I think are long past dead as far as being played live.

C9