View Single Post
TimTheToolMan's Avatar TimTheToolMan
07-21-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidity Trap View Post
Maynard definitely has lost his yelling voice. Many of the songs climax at the end, but Maynard just didn't have it like he used to. He'd either just sing the words (instead of yelling) or wouldn't even sing them at all. I don't think he sang the end part of Flood. Can anyone else confirm this?
I did notice that too. In parts where he should have belted out some lyrics, he only sang them. And often there were times when he was singing into the megaphone, his voice was so muddled you could barely understand him. I guess any singer is entitled to off nights I guess ... but with a voice as powerful as his(was??) I was expecting to get goosebumps hearing some of the notes and screams he can hit, but alas - no goosebumps
Old 07-21-2009, 10:34 AM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.19.09 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Energy Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidity Trap View Post
Maynard definitely has lost his yelling voice. Many of the songs climax at the end, but Maynard just didn't have it like he used to. He'd either just sing the words (instead of yelling) or wouldn't even sing them at all. I don't think he sang the end part of Flood. Can anyone else confirm this?
I did notice that too. In parts where he should have belted out some lyrics, he only sang them. And often there were times when he was singing into the megaphone, his voice was so muddled you could barely understand him. I guess any singer is entitled to off nights I guess ... but with a voice as powerful as his(was??) I was expecting to get goosebumps hearing some of the notes and screams he can hit, but alas - no goosebumps
OFFLINE |