View Single Post
blake_bergeron
08-14-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambandmartyr View Post
And I wonder about this vision that some have of Maynard kicking back, laughing at us all as if we're dumb fucks for not getting it. Do artists generally put the time and effort into creating something for their own amusement? I would argue that probably what makes him laugh or shake his head is that segment of our population (Tool fans, that is) that believes he holds us all in such disdain that he produces his art is for the sole purpose to confound us to the point where he can kick back in his chair and laugh at our stupidity. That would seem poor motivation to go on creating, I would think.
i would think our many different interpretations would give him a sense of pride... that he and his fellow band mates have given so many, so much brain activity allowing us to be creative in our own respects... this vision you speak of above is only seen by those with their blinders over their eyes...
Old 08-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #1253

Bincount™: 58
Re: 10 - Right In Two lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambandmartyr View Post
And I wonder about this vision that some have of Maynard kicking back, laughing at us all as if we're dumb fucks for not getting it. Do artists generally put the time and effort into creating something for their own amusement? I would argue that probably what makes him laugh or shake his head is that segment of our population (Tool fans, that is) that believes he holds us all in such disdain that he produces his art is for the sole purpose to confound us to the point where he can kick back in his chair and laugh at our stupidity. That would seem poor motivation to go on creating, I would think.
i would think our many different interpretations would give him a sense of pride... that he and his fellow band mates have given so many, so much brain activity allowing us to be creative in our own respects... this vision you speak of above is only seen by those with their blinders over their eyes...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote