View Single Post
lambandmartyr's Avatar lambandmartyr
08-14-2008, 12:34 PM

And I wonder about this vision that some have of Maynard kicking back, laughing at us all as if we're dumb fucks for not getting it. Do artists generally put the time and effort into creating something for their own amusement? I would argue that probably what makes him laugh or shake his head is that segment of our population (Tool fans, that is) that believes he holds us all in such disdain that he produces his art is for the sole purpose to confound us to the point where he can kick back in his chair and laugh at our stupidity. That would seem poor motivation to go on creating, I would think.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:34 PM   #1251
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 10 - Right In Two lyrics

And I wonder about this vision that some have of Maynard kicking back, laughing at us all as if we're dumb fucks for not getting it. Do artists generally put the time and effort into creating something for their own amusement? I would argue that probably what makes him laugh or shake his head is that segment of our population (Tool fans, that is) that believes he holds us all in such disdain that he produces his art is for the sole purpose to confound us to the point where he can kick back in his chair and laugh at our stupidity. That would seem poor motivation to go on creating, I would think.