View Single Post
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
04-25-2008, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post
This is basicaly the crux of the dilemma right here.

There hasn't really been anything new happening directly related to Tool in a long, long while -- certainly not enough to sustain enjoyment of discourse for most of the denizens of these boards. Most go into the Interact section where they talk about whatever, but there are those who prefer this section. And as with any net community, or, hell, community in general, people tend to form a cameraderie which will flow from the original topic that brought them together in the first place.

It's simple social dynamics during this vacuum of Toolish material. When a new album comes out, the boards will flame up with plenty of discussion on the kinds of things that it seems RachJacob wants to talk about, and I heartily welcome him/her (both genders represented in username...) to come on in and chill about this piece of web real estate with all of us. But until then, if (s)he is going to bitch at us for the type of thing that's become par for the course here, then I advise (s)he leave.

We already have our fair share of dumb jackasses, we don't need a moderately intelligent jackass.
LOL, well said.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:53 AM   #1214
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135
Re: 10 - Right In Two lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post
This is basicaly the crux of the dilemma right here.

There hasn't really been anything new happening directly related to Tool in a long, long while -- certainly not enough to sustain enjoyment of discourse for most of the denizens of these boards. Most go into the Interact section where they talk about whatever, but there are those who prefer this section. And as with any net community, or, hell, community in general, people tend to form a cameraderie which will flow from the original topic that brought them together in the first place.

It's simple social dynamics during this vacuum of Toolish material. When a new album comes out, the boards will flame up with plenty of discussion on the kinds of things that it seems RachJacob wants to talk about, and I heartily welcome him/her (both genders represented in username...) to come on in and chill about this piece of web real estate with all of us. But until then, if (s)he is going to bitch at us for the type of thing that's become par for the course here, then I advise (s)he leave.

We already have our fair share of dumb jackasses, we don't need a moderately intelligent jackass.
LOL, well said.