View Single Post
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
04-16-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidRain View Post
Mom and Dad each contribute 23 chromosomes to the fœtus.

DNA, the carrier of the genetic information, has bonding irregularities every 23rd Angstrom.

Aleister Crowley, in his Cabalistic Dictionary, defines 23 as the number of “life” or “a thread”, hauntingly suggestive of the DNA life-script.

On the other hand, 23 has many links with termination: in telegraphers’ code, 23 means “bust” or “break the line”

Hexagram 23 in I Ching means “breaking apart”.

Euclid’s Geometry begins with 23 axioms.

According to Omar Garrison’s Tantra: The Yoga of Sex, in addition to the well-known 28-day female sex cycle, there is also a male sex cycle of 23 days.

And 2/3 equals .66666666 etc. – Crowley’s magick number repeated endlessly.

Just a few 23’s that I thought might be relevant.
It could very well be that the good/bad work in conjunction. Death is required for birth to begin sorta' thing. The same as with the philosophy of the yin yang is that you cannot have one without the other.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:52 AM   #1159
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135
Re: 10 - Right In Two lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidRain View Post
Mom and Dad each contribute 23 chromosomes to the fœtus.

DNA, the carrier of the genetic information, has bonding irregularities every 23rd Angstrom.

Aleister Crowley, in his Cabalistic Dictionary, defines 23 as the number of “life” or “a thread”, hauntingly suggestive of the DNA life-script.

On the other hand, 23 has many links with termination: in telegraphers’ code, 23 means “bust” or “break the line”

Hexagram 23 in I Ching means “breaking apart”.

Euclid’s Geometry begins with 23 axioms.

According to Omar Garrison’s Tantra: The Yoga of Sex, in addition to the well-known 28-day female sex cycle, there is also a male sex cycle of 23 days.

And 2/3 equals .66666666 etc. – Crowley’s magick number repeated endlessly.

Just a few 23’s that I thought might be relevant.
It could very well be that the good/bad work in conjunction. Death is required for birth to begin sorta' thing. The same as with the philosophy of the yin yang is that you cannot have one without the other.