Thread: Favorite line
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2004, 06:27 PM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Favorite line

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-uD
Mine is personally "Choke this infant here before me". It reminds me so much of peoples every day lives. Seriously though "I must persuade you another way" is my favorite line from Salival. I dont know what it means but just the way he sings so beautifully. I may have cried the first time i heard it...but they were tears of amazement. i also like "I will always love you. As I claw your fucking throat away."
I agree about the way he sings the persuasion.. It is beautiful. But I think that whole line leads up to the next one, meaning if he says he needs to be free, but she is holding him down, all he can do about it is tear himself away from her violently...

That ending, in which MJK says he must persuade her another way if she holds him down, by "tearing" (no matter how many lyrics I read of this song, he does NOT say that) her throat away, reminds me whenever I hear it of a scene in the book The Vampire Lestat, in which daylight approaches, and Lestat knows he must escape the light that is creeping up on him so hastily, and he instinctively and almost unconsciously tears through the city until he ultimately finds comfort in a dark cellar. That blind, instricual rampage is what it makes me think of when I hear the end of this song.