View Single Post
grimLoK
07-29-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundahead View Post
Dude, i don't understand where you coming from here. I can't wrap my mind around how the behavior of the people around me is at all justified. I paid more money so that i could be closer to the stage...i waited in a long line for hours so that my short ass could see. I don't think anyone in here has said anything about the crowd as a whole. My only complaint is with the people who thought so much of themselves that they ruined the experience for me and my husband. It sounds as if you may have been one of the people knocking others out of your way. Or perhaps you're a big fella who can bounce the idiots off of you. I myself am 5 foot 3 inches tall and weigh around 145 lbs, there wasn't much i could do except get out of the way. Oh yeah, i did try to rationalize with a couple of them but they didn't care. It was the strangest thing, though, to see the look on this one guys face as i tried reasoning with him, "Please man, could you please stop and get them to stop too. " He never answered. He just looked in my eyes, hesitated, and then went back to shoving. If you are one of the aformentioned "moshers" then i would beg of you too, "Please stop" or at least limit your chaos to the shows in your area. There's definitely no need for you to cross state lines. I don't think i'm superior at all. I really don't. And i resent you making that assumption based on the fact that I feel victimized by the violence which surrounded me. I am a very open minded, loving human being that just feels I deserve better than the hand that i was dealt. I deserved to enjoy the show as long as i didn't infringe upon your rights to do the same. and vice-versa
i was not nor have i ever been a mosher. i've fought a few off of me in my day, but i don't condone that type of behavior. i thought that the context of my previous post would make clear this point. so no, i was not one of the ppl knocking others out of my way. i was just stating that the section of the floor area i was standing in was relatively peaceful.

and i'm sorry if i made it sound as though anyone who complains about moshers is arrogant. that was not my point. my point was that although there are "moshers" and other types of "bad fans", the majority of the fans i saw at this show and have seen at other shows were really into the music and not disturbing anyone (the flash photography and maynard is a different story, though). so for someone (not necessarily you) that might go lumping EVERYONE at the show into a category of being a bad crowd just because of some inconsiderate ppl they witnessed, think of all the ppl being good little boys and girls at the show (like most of the posters on this site that have been to multiple shows and travled a long way to get to some of them). sorry bundahead. no offense intended:) hope you enjoy your next show.

i would also like to add that the show rocked. i think i basically said this in my post on page 1 of this thread. i absolutely loved the drumming duet during lateralus. waaaaay better than the kinski jam session i witnessed a couple of years ago.

Last edited by grimLoK; 07-29-2009 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: left something out
Old 07-29-2009, 11:45 AM   #76
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.27.09 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundahead View Post
Dude, i don't understand where you coming from here. I can't wrap my mind around how the behavior of the people around me is at all justified. I paid more money so that i could be closer to the stage...i waited in a long line for hours so that my short ass could see. I don't think anyone in here has said anything about the crowd as a whole. My only complaint is with the people who thought so much of themselves that they ruined the experience for me and my husband. It sounds as if you may have been one of the people knocking others out of your way. Or perhaps you're a big fella who can bounce the idiots off of you. I myself am 5 foot 3 inches tall and weigh around 145 lbs, there wasn't much i could do except get out of the way. Oh yeah, i did try to rationalize with a couple of them but they didn't care. It was the strangest thing, though, to see the look on this one guys face as i tried reasoning with him, "Please man, could you please stop and get them to stop too. " He never answered. He just looked in my eyes, hesitated, and then went back to shoving. If you are one of the aformentioned "moshers" then i would beg of you too, "Please stop" or at least limit your chaos to the shows in your area. There's definitely no need for you to cross state lines. I don't think i'm superior at all. I really don't. And i resent you making that assumption based on the fact that I feel victimized by the violence which surrounded me. I am a very open minded, loving human being that just feels I deserve better than the hand that i was dealt. I deserved to enjoy the show as long as i didn't infringe upon your rights to do the same. and vice-versa
i was not nor have i ever been a mosher. i've fought a few off of me in my day, but i don't condone that type of behavior. i thought that the context of my previous post would make clear this point. so no, i was not one of the ppl knocking others out of my way. i was just stating that the section of the floor area i was standing in was relatively peaceful.

and i'm sorry if i made it sound as though anyone who complains about moshers is arrogant. that was not my point. my point was that although there are "moshers" and other types of "bad fans", the majority of the fans i saw at this show and have seen at other shows were really into the music and not disturbing anyone (the flash photography and maynard is a different story, though). so for someone (not necessarily you) that might go lumping EVERYONE at the show into a category of being a bad crowd just because of some inconsiderate ppl they witnessed, think of all the ppl being good little boys and girls at the show (like most of the posters on this site that have been to multiple shows and travled a long way to get to some of them). sorry bundahead. no offense intended:) hope you enjoy your next show.

i would also like to add that the show rocked. i think i basically said this in my post on page 1 of this thread. i absolutely loved the drumming duet during lateralus. waaaaay better than the kinski jam session i witnessed a couple of years ago.

Last edited by grimLoK; 07-29-2009 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: left something out
OFFLINE |