View Single Post
nusense
07-28-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
As for the particular mood Maynard may have been in at this show, there were an unusual amount of flash cameras in the front and it was bothering him. I'm not going to judge on whether that SHOULD affect a singer in a band, but in the case of Tool and Maynard it DOES. People know about it. It's no secret. He hates flash cameras during the show. It frustrates him to no end. That's not going to change.
I did notice a slightly inordinate number of "clueless" people who seemed to simply be there because it was the big rock concert of the month/weekend/etc.

Granted, once you become an "arena sized band," that comes with the territory. Just ask Roger Waters... ;)

BTW: tremendous job, Junior. The visual aspect of the show really reached a new pinnacle last night, largely thanks to your lighting. The lack of a full floor-visual seemed to provide you with more shadows to play with, which was quite refreshing. I loved the full floor-screens/visuals, but ultimately they seemed to make everything a wee bit bright (for a Tool show). Shadows favor this band more (obvious as that might be).
Old 07-28-2009, 07:17 PM   #46
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.27.09 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
As for the particular mood Maynard may have been in at this show, there were an unusual amount of flash cameras in the front and it was bothering him. I'm not going to judge on whether that SHOULD affect a singer in a band, but in the case of Tool and Maynard it DOES. People know about it. It's no secret. He hates flash cameras during the show. It frustrates him to no end. That's not going to change.
I did notice a slightly inordinate number of "clueless" people who seemed to simply be there because it was the big rock concert of the month/weekend/etc.

Granted, once you become an "arena sized band," that comes with the territory. Just ask Roger Waters... ;)

BTW: tremendous job, Junior. The visual aspect of the show really reached a new pinnacle last night, largely thanks to your lighting. The lack of a full floor-visual seemed to provide you with more shadows to play with, which was quite refreshing. I loved the full floor-screens/visuals, but ultimately they seemed to make everything a wee bit bright (for a Tool show). Shadows favor this band more (obvious as that might be).
OFFLINE |