Thread: The Eye
View Single Post
Kody27
06-07-2008, 08:21 AM

I mean come on. Eye on the TV and I own the TV sound exactly the same, just like a lot of songs with double meanings. Like stairway to heaven says, "cause you know sometimes words have two meanings." It's probably a play on words, a double meaning. I own the tv because tragedy thrills me, and my eye is on the tv for the same reason.

Of course Tool is obsessed with eyes, for thousands of years the eye has represented consciousness. DUH. It's not THAT complicated, in buddhism the eye on the hand represents compassion. Of course what tool has to say about eyes probably reflects a statement about your third eye, but not EVERY time. There are different levels of consciousness, and your third eye is just a part of that. They start out with lower consciousness in the video. mr. x is conscious of himself, then the little worms who are attracted to tragedy inside himself, then the child reborn inside himself through his third eye, and finally the entire world as one consciousness. You can slap an eyeball on anything to represent what kind of concsiousness you're trying to get across.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:21 AM   #56
On Probation

Bincount™: 7
Re: The Eye

I mean come on. Eye on the TV and I own the TV sound exactly the same, just like a lot of songs with double meanings. Like stairway to heaven says, "cause you know sometimes words have two meanings." It's probably a play on words, a double meaning. I own the tv because tragedy thrills me, and my eye is on the tv for the same reason.

Of course Tool is obsessed with eyes, for thousands of years the eye has represented consciousness. DUH. It's not THAT complicated, in buddhism the eye on the hand represents compassion. Of course what tool has to say about eyes probably reflects a statement about your third eye, but not EVERY time. There are different levels of consciousness, and your third eye is just a part of that. They start out with lower consciousness in the video. mr. x is conscious of himself, then the little worms who are attracted to tragedy inside himself, then the child reborn inside himself through his third eye, and finally the entire world as one consciousness. You can slap an eyeball on anything to represent what kind of concsiousness you're trying to get across.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote