View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 01:29 AM   #17
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38
Re: audio is for crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzblome View Post
If they did a mix in 5.1, I would like to hear it. I have no problem with Multichannel formats. As long as it was mixed and encoded that way.

But I was meaning people that are listening to the stereo mix and just turning the prologic on. that does nothing but add phase anomilies, which would make it sound like it's "coming from all around". But ultimatly it's just adding an out of phase signal to the rear speakers.

I believe that most people who have commented are understanding what I'm putting down.
ahh then i misunderstood you slightly. my bad. i hear what you're saying. but as a matter of personal preference, i just prefer my music in stereo.

dsotm is a different story though, as is the wall. although i still think my dsotm vinyl sounds better than the SACD. but then again, it's just a personal preference.

Quote:
They said they made 24bit 196kHz Masters for 10,000 days, why not put that master on the disk. DVD's can hold it, although not all DVD players and Digital audio receivers can play it back. But, they can dither it down to it's playable resolution.
i would definitely love to get a hold of that!