View Single Post
hellotyler
12-06-2007, 07:10 PM

Well, the concert last night was absolutely superb. This was my third TOOL experience and it was unique and wonderful just like all the others. The set list was great, and sparking up a joint during the beginning of 46 & 2 was a perfect compliment to the insanity the ensued. I was really happy that they played some of the old stuff, as the songs that really struck a chord with me were FLOOD and 46 & 2. Everyone did a great job but I especially noticed how well Danny Carry was doing on the drums, AMAZING! The light shows were definitely cool but I couldn't help but laugh at the alien abduction even if it was cool as fuck, I was straight cracking up. I hope the people around me weren't bothered too much by it, but I couldn't help but think it was some kind of brainwashing hypnotism to turn us all into TOOL ARMY members. Either way it was great. I was really blown away that King Crimson decided to come up, as the first time I saw TOOL at the Arline Schnitzer in Portland was with them and the nostalgic value was unparrelelled. You can tell Maynard (and I assume the other members as well) have a lot of respect for King Crimsons work, and so do I. They are a really great band.

Well, that about sums it up for me. Amazing musical experience. Lots of fun.

Will definitely go to see them again if they come through portland again. My only gripe was the fucking RIDICULOUS merchandise prices, the $40 T-Shirt kept me from getting some memorabilia from the show - because there is just no damn way I will pay $40 for a damn T-SHIRT.

Did anyone get pictures ? I would love to see them!

Last edited by hellotyler; 12-06-2007 at 07:21 PM..
Old 12-06-2007, 07:10 PM   #13
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 05

Well, the concert last night was absolutely superb. This was my third TOOL experience and it was unique and wonderful just like all the others. The set list was great, and sparking up a joint during the beginning of 46 & 2 was a perfect compliment to the insanity the ensued. I was really happy that they played some of the old stuff, as the songs that really struck a chord with me were FLOOD and 46 & 2. Everyone did a great job but I especially noticed how well Danny Carry was doing on the drums, AMAZING! The light shows were definitely cool but I couldn't help but laugh at the alien abduction even if it was cool as fuck, I was straight cracking up. I hope the people around me weren't bothered too much by it, but I couldn't help but think it was some kind of brainwashing hypnotism to turn us all into TOOL ARMY members. Either way it was great. I was really blown away that King Crimson decided to come up, as the first time I saw TOOL at the Arline Schnitzer in Portland was with them and the nostalgic value was unparrelelled. You can tell Maynard (and I assume the other members as well) have a lot of respect for King Crimsons work, and so do I. They are a really great band.

Well, that about sums it up for me. Amazing musical experience. Lots of fun.

Will definitely go to see them again if they come through portland again. My only gripe was the fucking RIDICULOUS merchandise prices, the $40 T-Shirt kept me from getting some memorabilia from the show - because there is just no damn way I will pay $40 for a damn T-SHIRT.

Did anyone get pictures ? I would love to see them!

Last edited by hellotyler; 12-06-2007 at 07:21 PM..
OFFLINE |