View Single Post
aperfectblue
12-06-2007, 11:44 AM

As was already pointed out, it was a very good show. My third T00L experience. Too, I'm not sure if it was just the Coliseum that made the sound how it was, with Maynard seeming to be drowned out at times by the loud music, or if it was his mic being turned down lower. Whatever the case, you could still hear his vocals and he seemed alright. I couldn't detect any evidence of a throat infection which is a good thing.

A couple songs in, Maynard greeted us and declared, "Be prepared to poop your pants!" "There's gonna be a lot of butt rumblin' going on."

Setlist was the same as the most recent shows.

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood

...Intermission w/ Lights and the already seen shot of the Vicarious video. Only the person looking up at the sun was slightly moving...

Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

Some have asked whether or not they're playing the new Vicarious video at the shows, and I can say last night at least, they did not. Seems they'll likely save it until it comes out on December 18th. Which is fine, since they display incredible visuals nonetheless.

Stand Out Songs:
Stinkfist, Schism, Lateralus, Vicarious

The combo of Wings for Marie and 10,000 doesn't quite seem to be something to be played live. They pulled it off perfectly, with the great effects and so on, but with the mellow song you have a hard time hearing the vocals most of the time, and following it. The same can be said for Rosetta Stoned. Although both were great acts to see, performance wise.

All things considered, this was a great show. Well worth the price and 2 hour drive. Another positive was that I wasn't surrounded by too many people who were either stoned, drunk, or both. *Shakes Head* So that made it pleasant, being around people who enjoyed actually going to a T00L show to listen and take in the act.

I don't think this'll top the Lateralus Tour, but T00L is still THE show to see. The measuring stick in my mind, for other shows to be compared against.

Thanks T00L!
Old 12-06-2007, 11:44 AM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 05 Portland, OR Memorial Coliseum

As was already pointed out, it was a very good show. My third T00L experience. Too, I'm not sure if it was just the Coliseum that made the sound how it was, with Maynard seeming to be drowned out at times by the loud music, or if it was his mic being turned down lower. Whatever the case, you could still hear his vocals and he seemed alright. I couldn't detect any evidence of a throat infection which is a good thing.

A couple songs in, Maynard greeted us and declared, "Be prepared to poop your pants!" "There's gonna be a lot of butt rumblin' going on."

Setlist was the same as the most recent shows.

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood

...Intermission w/ Lights and the already seen shot of the Vicarious video. Only the person looking up at the sun was slightly moving...

Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

Some have asked whether or not they're playing the new Vicarious video at the shows, and I can say last night at least, they did not. Seems they'll likely save it until it comes out on December 18th. Which is fine, since they display incredible visuals nonetheless.

Stand Out Songs:
Stinkfist, Schism, Lateralus, Vicarious

The combo of Wings for Marie and 10,000 doesn't quite seem to be something to be played live. They pulled it off perfectly, with the great effects and so on, but with the mellow song you have a hard time hearing the vocals most of the time, and following it. The same can be said for Rosetta Stoned. Although both were great acts to see, performance wise.

All things considered, this was a great show. Well worth the price and 2 hour drive. Another positive was that I wasn't surrounded by too many people who were either stoned, drunk, or both. *Shakes Head* So that made it pleasant, being around people who enjoyed actually going to a T00L show to listen and take in the act.

I don't think this'll top the Lateralus Tour, but T00L is still THE show to see. The measuring stick in my mind, for other shows to be compared against.

Thanks T00L!