View Single Post
fansoftool's Avatar fansoftool
11-21-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7_Leetha View Post
Just got home from the Tulsa show. WOW... an amazing night to be sure. First and foremost, the Set:

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended)
46 & 2
Schism (Extended)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (Extended - With the drummer from TransAm)
Vicarious

No huge surprises, but man the energy in the band was there.

TransAm opened up the show at 8pm sharp. They were decent, alot of electronic influences. Their drummer is pretty good too. Some of there stuff gets a bit old quickly though.

After an agonizing 40 minute wait, the lights went down and Tool takes the stage at 9:10pm. Immediatly busting into Jambi, I noticed the lighting and visuals were a bit different than the OKC show in May.

After the first song Maynard says something like "I hate to fart in your cereal, but I have an announcement" crowd dies down thinking its bad news. "Today is Justin's birthday, so pretend to care" - HUGE OVATION.

Maynard was doing some silly stuff tonight too. Being in Tulsa, he had the cowboy hat in tow and proceeded to "ride the bull" during Stinkfist. As well as throwing energy towards the now short haired Adam.

46 & 2 was as usual a showcase for Danny. Nothing much new, but it doesn't need it. Schism was next and brought the crowd into a almost quiet somber mood. Quite a feat for playing an arena of drunk Tulsans.

Rosetta Stoned then happened, with some cool new visuals and Maynard doing some more funny silly stuff. I think they added a little pause at the end to throw people off of when the song ends too.

Then they played Flood! I was sooo happy to hear some older Tool stuff. And let me tell you it was played to PERFECTION. The water projections were insanely cool too.

Wings for Marie/10,000 Days was next. Complete with the smoke and lasers. Very emotional and hypnotic. It really overwhelmed me with emotion. And was perhaps my favorate song of the night.

Laturalus brought everything back into full swing, with dancing lasers and an abundant amount of visual elements. The drummer from TransAm did a spot with Danny and I think he held up very well. It would've been better to see Bozio though! Oh, I couldn't really see for sure - but it LOOKED like Maynard actually gave someone in the front row a drum or something.

Edit: It was a bag of popcorn! lol

Then Maynard thanked us for coming and said he hoped we had fun, cuz he sure did. An awesome gesture that proves he does truely love what he's doing. Then they broke down into Vicarious (which they did NOT play in OKC!). Some cool visuals from the 2002 tour thrown in with the lasers and lights. Very tight, great song to finish the set.

Then the lights came up and all 4 embraced and bowed. Adam was off the stage first, followed by Maynard. Justing and Danny stayed a bit longer soaking it up and doing joke bows like they were in an ochestra.

Couple notes - I didn't smoke weed during this concert, my seats were close to security and I wanted to concentrate on the show. I did before and after though, hehe. Oh and Justin put away 6-8 beers easy that I saw.

If I was to compare the 5/19/2007 OKC show and the Tulsa one, I'd give the edge to Tulsa. I think OKC had a warmer sound but Tulsa was punchier and more energetic. Also being Justin's B-Day really made the guys get into it. Maynard, Danny, and Justin were as animated as they get. I think thet even Tool was amazed to hear the final ovation they got.

So in closing it was a 10/10 show. A musical pinnecle, and a highlight of my life.

Thanks goes to Tool for an awesome performance! See you on the other side!
Yes I would have to say this one was a hell of a lot better than last time.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:37 PM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 19 Tulsa, OK Tulsa Convention Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7_Leetha View Post
Just got home from the Tulsa show. WOW... an amazing night to be sure. First and foremost, the Set:

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended)
46 & 2
Schism (Extended)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (Extended - With the drummer from TransAm)
Vicarious

No huge surprises, but man the energy in the band was there.

TransAm opened up the show at 8pm sharp. They were decent, alot of electronic influences. Their drummer is pretty good too. Some of there stuff gets a bit old quickly though.

After an agonizing 40 minute wait, the lights went down and Tool takes the stage at 9:10pm. Immediatly busting into Jambi, I noticed the lighting and visuals were a bit different than the OKC show in May.

After the first song Maynard says something like "I hate to fart in your cereal, but I have an announcement" crowd dies down thinking its bad news. "Today is Justin's birthday, so pretend to care" - HUGE OVATION.

Maynard was doing some silly stuff tonight too. Being in Tulsa, he had the cowboy hat in tow and proceeded to "ride the bull" during Stinkfist. As well as throwing energy towards the now short haired Adam.

46 & 2 was as usual a showcase for Danny. Nothing much new, but it doesn't need it. Schism was next and brought the crowd into a almost quiet somber mood. Quite a feat for playing an arena of drunk Tulsans.

Rosetta Stoned then happened, with some cool new visuals and Maynard doing some more funny silly stuff. I think they added a little pause at the end to throw people off of when the song ends too.

Then they played Flood! I was sooo happy to hear some older Tool stuff. And let me tell you it was played to PERFECTION. The water projections were insanely cool too.

Wings for Marie/10,000 Days was next. Complete with the smoke and lasers. Very emotional and hypnotic. It really overwhelmed me with emotion. And was perhaps my favorate song of the night.

Laturalus brought everything back into full swing, with dancing lasers and an abundant amount of visual elements. The drummer from TransAm did a spot with Danny and I think he held up very well. It would've been better to see Bozio though! Oh, I couldn't really see for sure - but it LOOKED like Maynard actually gave someone in the front row a drum or something.

Edit: It was a bag of popcorn! lol

Then Maynard thanked us for coming and said he hoped we had fun, cuz he sure did. An awesome gesture that proves he does truely love what he's doing. Then they broke down into Vicarious (which they did NOT play in OKC!). Some cool visuals from the 2002 tour thrown in with the lasers and lights. Very tight, great song to finish the set.

Then the lights came up and all 4 embraced and bowed. Adam was off the stage first, followed by Maynard. Justing and Danny stayed a bit longer soaking it up and doing joke bows like they were in an ochestra.

Couple notes - I didn't smoke weed during this concert, my seats were close to security and I wanted to concentrate on the show. I did before and after though, hehe. Oh and Justin put away 6-8 beers easy that I saw.

If I was to compare the 5/19/2007 OKC show and the Tulsa one, I'd give the edge to Tulsa. I think OKC had a warmer sound but Tulsa was punchier and more energetic. Also being Justin's B-Day really made the guys get into it. Maynard, Danny, and Justin were as animated as they get. I think thet even Tool was amazed to hear the final ovation they got.

So in closing it was a 10/10 show. A musical pinnecle, and a highlight of my life.

Thanks goes to Tool for an awesome performance! See you on the other side!
Yes I would have to say this one was a hell of a lot better than last time.
OFFLINE |