View Single Post
nubtorious
07-14-2007, 09:32 AM

my 3rd Tool show in 13 months...also went to the Fox and the Palace. Not as electrifying and intimate as at the Fox....but still good.

Digression for complaint: I had some drunken asshole behind me, as well as his toad-like friends (Do these kind of people come out of a hole?), who were pretty well wasted even before the show. This guy kept trying to actually stand on the back of the chairs, but his flailing limbs would inadvertently hit/kick me and the girl I was next to. He also stepped his beer-soaked shoe on my hoodie, which was on my chair. It spoiled at least two of the songs, becuase i kept having to be on my guard to see if I would get a foot to the head or something. He was jumping into our row all the time and shouting and talking and just being obnoxious; people like that don't even deserve to hear Tool live if they're not gonna be respectful of the band and people around them. >:(

Anyway...we were straight back from the stage in row TT, not too bad. The people around us were pretty subdued (minus drunken man + friends). I don't even think most of them were rocking out or even singing along; just standing there. We had our fun though, sang every word, and so excited when we heard the opening chords of Flood! The lasers were a nice touch, visuals great as always, esp. the lighting of the 10,000 days visual things behind the band.

As always, Danny Carey proved once again he is God, amazing. I think the strain of touring is beginning to wear on Maynard's voice a bit though, he didn't even do the "VICARIOUSLY IIIIIIIIII.........."part, but instead swung the mike around for us fans to sing it.

I thought for sure they would end with AEnema....so when they stopped, I was like, "That's it???" But overall, good show, not GREAT, but very, very good. My bf and I were starting to say, for all the hassle (like waiting over an hour in the parking lot without moving) that we might not see them if they come around again.........but we rethought...hell, it's TOOL.....still the best band ever. I'll see 'em 'til either they die, or I do.

Keep rocking, Tool, Detroit loves you. :)
Old 07-14-2007, 09:32 AM   #35
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/03 - Detroit, MI - DTE Amphitheater

my 3rd Tool show in 13 months...also went to the Fox and the Palace. Not as electrifying and intimate as at the Fox....but still good.

Digression for complaint: I had some drunken asshole behind me, as well as his toad-like friends (Do these kind of people come out of a hole?), who were pretty well wasted even before the show. This guy kept trying to actually stand on the back of the chairs, but his flailing limbs would inadvertently hit/kick me and the girl I was next to. He also stepped his beer-soaked shoe on my hoodie, which was on my chair. It spoiled at least two of the songs, becuase i kept having to be on my guard to see if I would get a foot to the head or something. He was jumping into our row all the time and shouting and talking and just being obnoxious; people like that don't even deserve to hear Tool live if they're not gonna be respectful of the band and people around them. >:(

Anyway...we were straight back from the stage in row TT, not too bad. The people around us were pretty subdued (minus drunken man + friends). I don't even think most of them were rocking out or even singing along; just standing there. We had our fun though, sang every word, and so excited when we heard the opening chords of Flood! The lasers were a nice touch, visuals great as always, esp. the lighting of the 10,000 days visual things behind the band.

As always, Danny Carey proved once again he is God, amazing. I think the strain of touring is beginning to wear on Maynard's voice a bit though, he didn't even do the "VICARIOUSLY IIIIIIIIII.........."part, but instead swung the mike around for us fans to sing it.

I thought for sure they would end with AEnema....so when they stopped, I was like, "That's it???" But overall, good show, not GREAT, but very, very good. My bf and I were starting to say, for all the hassle (like waiting over an hour in the parking lot without moving) that we might not see them if they come around again.........but we rethought...hell, it's TOOL.....still the best band ever. I'll see 'em 'til either they die, or I do.

Keep rocking, Tool, Detroit loves you. :)
OFFLINE |