View Single Post
dmurf
07-05-2007, 12:33 PM

I was in row E, on the isle, facing Justin and Danny.
Amazing show. Some changes from the Palace show, and I'm still bumbed they took out AEnema. But, such is life.
The vocals I thought were mixed out in some places (course, it's hard to know, since I have to remember that I was standing in front of Justin's stacks....).
I thought the drum solo was oddly placed. Don't get me wrong - I"m a drummer and could barely take my eyes off Danny. But, I don't think it felt like an organic extension in the song. An amazing solo, nonetheless.
My only beefs were with the security. It's a shame they had red and blue shirts on - they should have been forced to wear brown. During Lateralus (although my buddy's convinced it was during Vicarious), security manhandled a lady who was either jumping seats or trying to get on someone's shoulders to better watch the last 2 songs. I mean, they MANHANLDED her. Dragged her halfway across the seats to the aisle, and shoved her up the walkway. She, I think defensively, turned around and tried to take a swing at the guy, who then manhandled even more. The SS were really making it a hard time for me to enjoy the show.
Oh yea, and I was getting sick of the 3 guys in front of me. Had they touched each other any more, I think I would have become gay!
I agree with Incognito - Maynard was much more animated during the Palace show and I think he only said three off-the-cuff remarks this time. I can't remember all that he said at the Palace - probably the same amount, but they seemed much more.... punchier. Although, the jersey comment was, "Jesus, you guys are tall!"
Maybe he's just getting tired of touring for 3 years!

Don
Old 07-05-2007, 12:33 PM   #24
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/03 - Detroit, MI - DTE Amphitheater

I was in row E, on the isle, facing Justin and Danny.
Amazing show. Some changes from the Palace show, and I'm still bumbed they took out AEnema. But, such is life.
The vocals I thought were mixed out in some places (course, it's hard to know, since I have to remember that I was standing in front of Justin's stacks....).
I thought the drum solo was oddly placed. Don't get me wrong - I"m a drummer and could barely take my eyes off Danny. But, I don't think it felt like an organic extension in the song. An amazing solo, nonetheless.
My only beefs were with the security. It's a shame they had red and blue shirts on - they should have been forced to wear brown. During Lateralus (although my buddy's convinced it was during Vicarious), security manhandled a lady who was either jumping seats or trying to get on someone's shoulders to better watch the last 2 songs. I mean, they MANHANLDED her. Dragged her halfway across the seats to the aisle, and shoved her up the walkway. She, I think defensively, turned around and tried to take a swing at the guy, who then manhandled even more. The SS were really making it a hard time for me to enjoy the show.
Oh yea, and I was getting sick of the 3 guys in front of me. Had they touched each other any more, I think I would have become gay!
I agree with Incognito - Maynard was much more animated during the Palace show and I think he only said three off-the-cuff remarks this time. I can't remember all that he said at the Palace - probably the same amount, but they seemed much more.... punchier. Although, the jersey comment was, "Jesus, you guys are tall!"
Maybe he's just getting tired of touring for 3 years!

Don
OFFLINE |