View Single Post
thisone
07-05-2007, 11:44 AM

I don't understand, every post i skimmed about this show had but a bunch of good shit to say about the show. I had good seats, a good mood, and good memories of my past tool shows, but still this show fucking blew. it was hands down the worst show of theirs i've ever seen. Maybe it was just my seats, or the venue itself, but the vocals were almost non-existent. Couldn't hear a word maynard was saying or singing 95% of the time. and he seemed almost bored with the show. seemed to be just going through the motions. i think i heard him say something about the crowd being lame and us needing to get our thryoids checked, which is all well and good, no offense to his judgements, i just hope it didn't affect his performance, which i think it did. 80 bucks a ticket and i feel like i got shit on for it. can't quite piece it all together, why the show sucked so bad for me and my girlfriend. it was her first show, so she liked it enough, i just knew it wasn't as good as every show before that made me drop $160 without a second thought
respect to the others in the band, they were amazing and humbled by the whole deal, i just think maybe it's time for maynard to stop. and yes, i am aware of the blasphemy (sp) i speak, and judge as you want whatever you want about me due these words, but i really think he should either stop touring america, or find something else that excites him.
word.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:44 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/03 - Detroit, MI - DTE Amphitheater

I don't understand, every post i skimmed about this show had but a bunch of good shit to say about the show. I had good seats, a good mood, and good memories of my past tool shows, but still this show fucking blew. it was hands down the worst show of theirs i've ever seen. Maybe it was just my seats, or the venue itself, but the vocals were almost non-existent. Couldn't hear a word maynard was saying or singing 95% of the time. and he seemed almost bored with the show. seemed to be just going through the motions. i think i heard him say something about the crowd being lame and us needing to get our thryoids checked, which is all well and good, no offense to his judgements, i just hope it didn't affect his performance, which i think it did. 80 bucks a ticket and i feel like i got shit on for it. can't quite piece it all together, why the show sucked so bad for me and my girlfriend. it was her first show, so she liked it enough, i just knew it wasn't as good as every show before that made me drop $160 without a second thought
respect to the others in the band, they were amazing and humbled by the whole deal, i just think maybe it's time for maynard to stop. and yes, i am aware of the blasphemy (sp) i speak, and judge as you want whatever you want about me due these words, but i really think he should either stop touring america, or find something else that excites him.
word.
OFFLINE |