View Single Post
mixgrafix
07-03-2007, 10:47 PM

Well here it goes..... TOOL shows are all about karma for me. This was show 66 for me.

I got into a show at the state theatre in Detroit in 1996, and I did not have a ticket. I thought that I would get a ticket at Will call, and it turns out that I knew the ticket girl/ intern... went to high school with her, and she got me a freebee floor GA ticket, and it was amazing.

Well today the karma came round to me. I had my TOOL army ticket that I bought because a friend had never seen them, and I bought it as a late birthday present. Turn out that he was going to New York for the week, so I was stuck with the ticket. It was at will call, and I had to pick it up at 6:00pm. Myself and my fiance had great tickets Orchestra Pit seats 22 and 23 row ddd (third row from stage). WE WERE PSYCHED!

We were TOOL-gaiting in the parking lot, and a guy named Jeremy parked next to us. Seemed like a pretty cool guy. He came up to me, and asked if we had an extra ticket for sale, and I said yes, and I was selling it for face value $77.00. He was alone and down on his luck, and only had 40 dollars to spend on a lawn seat that they still had available. I told him that I had a ticket, and I wanted to sell it, and from all the people here that get presale, they usually are not much to brag about. I got the Golden Ticket! Orch Pit Row BBB seat four. FRONT ROW IN FRONT OF JUSTIN. I sold it to him for forty bucks. Thirty seven dollars less than I paid for it. Nothing was going right for him. He needed a pick me up for his life. He is the luckiest man on the planet. From lawn seat to front row for forty dollars. I figured it is good karma.

The show was one of the best I have ever seen. Of all the 66 shows I have been to, this had the best vibe to it. At the end, Adam was elated and smiling before the hug, Justin had a permasmile, and Maynard was not hurried when leaving the stage. Crowd was totally into it, and you could tell that the band felt the vibe as well. Danny did his traditional stick toss and drum head throw, and it was like a shark feeding frenzy to get to them.

There was a father and son sitting next us, the father in his mid-thirties, and the son who was eight years old. His name was Joseph. He was all about 3'6", and had to stand on the seat to see. What love that father had for his son to share such a magical experience for the second time. I wish my father had that love for me. It was a true revelation of how a father and son had a true emotional bond sharing an experience. You could see the happiness in the fathers face as his son played air guitar song after song. I wish I had a son or daughter to share this experience with. (tear).

At 10:47, right as 10,000 days was ending, I felt my phone vibrating, and it was my father. I knew why he was calling. He was calling to tell me that his mother, Anne had passed away. Kind of a strange coincidence.

The highlight of the show was the ENTIRE SHOW. Perfection was attained, and it was the TOOL show at DTE on 7/3/07.

Can Van Andel top this?

Peace Out

Mix

Last edited by mixgrafix; 07-04-2007 at 07:03 AM..
Old 07-03-2007, 10:47 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/03 - Detroit, MI - DTE Amphitheater

Well here it goes..... TOOL shows are all about karma for me. This was show 66 for me.

I got into a show at the state theatre in Detroit in 1996, and I did not have a ticket. I thought that I would get a ticket at Will call, and it turns out that I knew the ticket girl/ intern... went to high school with her, and she got me a freebee floor GA ticket, and it was amazing.

Well today the karma came round to me. I had my TOOL army ticket that I bought because a friend had never seen them, and I bought it as a late birthday present. Turn out that he was going to New York for the week, so I was stuck with the ticket. It was at will call, and I had to pick it up at 6:00pm. Myself and my fiance had great tickets Orchestra Pit seats 22 and 23 row ddd (third row from stage). WE WERE PSYCHED!

We were TOOL-gaiting in the parking lot, and a guy named Jeremy parked next to us. Seemed like a pretty cool guy. He came up to me, and asked if we had an extra ticket for sale, and I said yes, and I was selling it for face value $77.00. He was alone and down on his luck, and only had 40 dollars to spend on a lawn seat that they still had available. I told him that I had a ticket, and I wanted to sell it, and from all the people here that get presale, they usually are not much to brag about. I got the Golden Ticket! Orch Pit Row BBB seat four. FRONT ROW IN FRONT OF JUSTIN. I sold it to him for forty bucks. Thirty seven dollars less than I paid for it. Nothing was going right for him. He needed a pick me up for his life. He is the luckiest man on the planet. From lawn seat to front row for forty dollars. I figured it is good karma.

The show was one of the best I have ever seen. Of all the 66 shows I have been to, this had the best vibe to it. At the end, Adam was elated and smiling before the hug, Justin had a permasmile, and Maynard was not hurried when leaving the stage. Crowd was totally into it, and you could tell that the band felt the vibe as well. Danny did his traditional stick toss and drum head throw, and it was like a shark feeding frenzy to get to them.

There was a father and son sitting next us, the father in his mid-thirties, and the son who was eight years old. His name was Joseph. He was all about 3'6", and had to stand on the seat to see. What love that father had for his son to share such a magical experience for the second time. I wish my father had that love for me. It was a true revelation of how a father and son had a true emotional bond sharing an experience. You could see the happiness in the fathers face as his son played air guitar song after song. I wish I had a son or daughter to share this experience with. (tear).

At 10:47, right as 10,000 days was ending, I felt my phone vibrating, and it was my father. I knew why he was calling. He was calling to tell me that his mother, Anne had passed away. Kind of a strange coincidence.

The highlight of the show was the ENTIRE SHOW. Perfection was attained, and it was the TOOL show at DTE on 7/3/07.

Can Van Andel top this?

Peace Out

Mix

Last edited by mixgrafix; 07-04-2007 at 07:03 AM..
OFFLINE |