Stinkfist (Extended)
46&2
Schism (Extended)
Lost Keys / Rosetta Stoned
Flood!
Wings for Marie / 10,000 Days
Lateralus (Danny solo jam)
Vicarious

Simply incredible show. I was sitting in row D. I was way up in the back when they were last here at the Palace. This time around I was literally standing about 12 feet away from Adam.

From where I was standing Maynard was a little low in the mix, but I was expecting that somewhat given how close I was to the stage.

The crowd was incredible at this show. Soon as Tool hit the stage, everyone stood up and stayed that way the whole show. I don't think I saw a single camera flash during Wings/10,000. Maynard didn't even give his "please (x5+) no flash photography" speech. They just went right into.

The band was incredible as well. They were really into the show, and Maynard seemed downright chatty compared to many revews of shows this tour.

"How ya doin Northern Ohio"
*boos*
"Just kidding. How ya doin Michigan"

"Are you ready to get your socks wet?"
*cheers*
"That's assuming you're waring them of course"

Justin and Danny came out in Pistons jerseys.

Later on, Maynard put on the jersey Justin had been wearing (i think), which was extra long to begin with. It looked like a dress on Maynard. :p. Maynard then says "Damn you guys are tall... I think you may need to have your thyroid checked" HAHAHA! Gotta love it! :D

He said before Vicarious that it was a pleasure playing for us. Said how it was a great crowd, everyone was having a good time, and fun stuff. I don't remember his exact words, as I wasn't expecting to have to remember more than a quip or two at most. He said he'd see us in the "great city of Grand Rapids."

I was unaware of the extended versions of Stinkfist/Schism last show, so knowing about them made it so much more enjoyable this time.

Based on the previous few shows, I was expecting, and a little bit hoping for Pushit, but getting Flood was just as good.

I have a new appreciation for Rosetta Stoned. I loved the song to begin with, but hearing Danny play during the breakdown, and the 3 guys all playing in different time signatures at the end of the song live, that's gotta take a ton of concentration to get that right. Excellent job of it.

People were a little noisy at the beginning of Wings, but everyone seemed to settle down and really feel the mood of the song.

Dannys jam during Lateralus was awesome. During the jam, a roadie brought out what appeared to be a beer to Justin, who laughed and chugged it down while watching Danny.

And thanks to the girl flashing everyone in the parking lot. It was a nice cherry to top of the evening.

I almost didn't go to this show, due to nobody else wanting to go or having money to go. I ended up buying myself a ticket and damn am I glad I did. Such a great show. DTE has expensive tickets, but it's a really nice venue.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/03 - Detroit, MI - DTE Amphitheater

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended)
46&2
Schism (Extended)
Lost Keys / Rosetta Stoned
Flood!
Wings for Marie / 10,000 Days
Lateralus (Danny solo jam)
Vicarious

Simply incredible show. I was sitting in row D. I was way up in the back when they were last here at the Palace. This time around I was literally standing about 12 feet away from Adam.

From where I was standing Maynard was a little low in the mix, but I was expecting that somewhat given how close I was to the stage.

The crowd was incredible at this show. Soon as Tool hit the stage, everyone stood up and stayed that way the whole show. I don't think I saw a single camera flash during Wings/10,000. Maynard didn't even give his "please (x5+) no flash photography" speech. They just went right into.

The band was incredible as well. They were really into the show, and Maynard seemed downright chatty compared to many revews of shows this tour.

"How ya doin Northern Ohio"
*boos*
"Just kidding. How ya doin Michigan"

"Are you ready to get your socks wet?"
*cheers*
"That's assuming you're waring them of course"

Justin and Danny came out in Pistons jerseys.

Later on, Maynard put on the jersey Justin had been wearing (i think), which was extra long to begin with. It looked like a dress on Maynard. :p. Maynard then says "Damn you guys are tall... I think you may need to have your thyroid checked" HAHAHA! Gotta love it! :D

He said before Vicarious that it was a pleasure playing for us. Said how it was a great crowd, everyone was having a good time, and fun stuff. I don't remember his exact words, as I wasn't expecting to have to remember more than a quip or two at most. He said he'd see us in the "great city of Grand Rapids."

I was unaware of the extended versions of Stinkfist/Schism last show, so knowing about them made it so much more enjoyable this time.

Based on the previous few shows, I was expecting, and a little bit hoping for Pushit, but getting Flood was just as good.

I have a new appreciation for Rosetta Stoned. I loved the song to begin with, but hearing Danny play during the breakdown, and the 3 guys all playing in different time signatures at the end of the song live, that's gotta take a ton of concentration to get that right. Excellent job of it.

People were a little noisy at the beginning of Wings, but everyone seemed to settle down and really feel the mood of the song.

Dannys jam during Lateralus was awesome. During the jam, a roadie brought out what appeared to be a beer to Justin, who laughed and chugged it down while watching Danny.

And thanks to the girl flashing everyone in the parking lot. It was a nice cherry to top of the evening.

I almost didn't go to this show, due to nobody else wanting to go or having money to go. I ended up buying myself a ticket and damn am I glad I did. Such a great show. DTE has expensive tickets, but it's a really nice venue.
OFFLINE |