View Single Post
FirstDegree's Avatar FirstDegree
06-09-2007, 07:01 PM

I was there. So was My Brother. It was awesome.. blah blah. I think you've all covered that. Here are the -real- good points:

Someone from out of town was lost in the inner city. They wound down their window and happened to ask Me for directions. I was more than glad to not only guide them, but uncerimoniously block traffic behind them so they could turn where they needed to. I love being a Baltimore native.

I met up with a Friend from High School on the floor.. The same friend that introduced Me to tool. He looked so fucking happy when they started playing Lateralus. I was too. He had been on the Lateralus tour.. but had not seen the light show display with the song. I think that made His entire night.

After the concert, as everyone on the floor was exiting.. someone on the balcony yelled out: "Collective Unconscious.. Yeahhhh!!" No one said a thing. And then the guy kind of shrugged.. so I figured Id bail Him out with a delayed "Yeahhhh!!!!" Im kind of shy.. but there were a few others that followed My lead.. so it was pretty good.

Comparing Baltimore to DC.. I was disappointed that the Setlist seemed smaller. Other then that.. the sound quality blew DC away. Vicarious actually sounded like Vicarious.. unlike DC where I dont know what the hell I was listening to. In retrospect, hearing Flood pretty much makes up for the negative points of the show.

"They fought and they clawed like savages. At the end none had found what they were looking for; and they simply returned to nothing, like they were before."

First degree knows good shit when he sees it. - Ignoring Ignorance
Old 06-09-2007, 07:01 PM   #31
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 381
Re: 2007/06/08 - Baltimore, MD - 1st Mariner Arena

I was there. So was My Brother. It was awesome.. blah blah. I think you've all covered that. Here are the -real- good points:

Someone from out of town was lost in the inner city. They wound down their window and happened to ask Me for directions. I was more than glad to not only guide them, but uncerimoniously block traffic behind them so they could turn where they needed to. I love being a Baltimore native.

I met up with a Friend from High School on the floor.. The same friend that introduced Me to tool. He looked so fucking happy when they started playing Lateralus. I was too. He had been on the Lateralus tour.. but had not seen the light show display with the song. I think that made His entire night.

After the concert, as everyone on the floor was exiting.. someone on the balcony yelled out: "Collective Unconscious.. Yeahhhh!!" No one said a thing. And then the guy kind of shrugged.. so I figured Id bail Him out with a delayed "Yeahhhh!!!!" Im kind of shy.. but there were a few others that followed My lead.. so it was pretty good.

Comparing Baltimore to DC.. I was disappointed that the Setlist seemed smaller. Other then that.. the sound quality blew DC away. Vicarious actually sounded like Vicarious.. unlike DC where I dont know what the hell I was listening to. In retrospect, hearing Flood pretty much makes up for the negative points of the show.

"They fought and they clawed like savages. At the end none had found what they were looking for; and they simply returned to nothing, like they were before."

First degree knows good shit when he sees it. - Ignoring Ignorance
OFFLINE |