View Single Post
sungnamjo's Avatar sungnamjo
06-09-2007, 07:15 AM

amazing show, which you can expect nothing less of TooL this was my third XM days show (twice last year) and i gotta agree with Maynard, that something real special happened last night. in my opinion, B-more fans responded with a greater sense of appreciation and thanks, instead of the demanding and obligatory attitude i felt at the other shows I went to in Boston.

Danny was just amazing as always and at the end of the show, threw out like three pairs of drum sticks and a drum skin; gave one to Adam to throw but it barely made it to the front row!

Adam was just going with the flow. Incredible sound on both Jambi and Rosetta, chords cutting through the bassline like a saw. He just seems despoondant and emotionless when he plays live, at least when i've seen him play live, even on video.

Maynard was Maynard. vocals sounded great and like i've always said, a fifth instrument. by the way, for the poster who said that he couldn't hear Maynard over the amps, what are you f*cking kiddin me?! you outta know the lyrics enough to not even care about hearing him, especially at a concert with thousands of fans screaming. you outta be screaming/singing them with him too. To me, a TooL concert is an experience of the band's energy they're creating right in front of us and to interact with them as they play. going to a TooL concert isn't about hearing the songs as studio quality. come on man, lighten up.

Anyways, Justin is definitely the most energetic and active guy up there, bobbing his head, hair flaring in his face, body moving in perfect unison to not only to his bassline, but to the rest of the band's music.

the highlight for me was W4M 1 & 2, just because it reminds me of how far TooL has progressed with their music, all the way from songs like Hush, Jerk Off, and Sober to the Grudge, Aenima, and Push It to Vicarious and Right Into. Maynard even said tonight that it take a lot of emotion, feeling, and thought to go into performing and when W4M started playing, you could definitely feel it. fans were very respectful, because they all know what this song means to Maynard and like myself, probably have some similar feelings when they hear it played.

Flood was pleasantly unexpected and pretty cool to see Justin quo-ing the rest of the band on him. thats a song that they probably haven't played live in a long time and to be able to put it together last second tonight was something special.

finally, Melt Banana wasn't exactly TooL, but they wern't that bad on a Sonic Youth, Radiohead facade. i actually enjoyed watching their retro 80s punk style, certainly over any of these stupid talentless bands out there playing today---i will spare names from my derogatory comments.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:15 AM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/08 - Baltimore, MD - 1st Mariner Arena

amazing show, which you can expect nothing less of TooL this was my third XM days show (twice last year) and i gotta agree with Maynard, that something real special happened last night. in my opinion, B-more fans responded with a greater sense of appreciation and thanks, instead of the demanding and obligatory attitude i felt at the other shows I went to in Boston.

Danny was just amazing as always and at the end of the show, threw out like three pairs of drum sticks and a drum skin; gave one to Adam to throw but it barely made it to the front row!

Adam was just going with the flow. Incredible sound on both Jambi and Rosetta, chords cutting through the bassline like a saw. He just seems despoondant and emotionless when he plays live, at least when i've seen him play live, even on video.

Maynard was Maynard. vocals sounded great and like i've always said, a fifth instrument. by the way, for the poster who said that he couldn't hear Maynard over the amps, what are you f*cking kiddin me?! you outta know the lyrics enough to not even care about hearing him, especially at a concert with thousands of fans screaming. you outta be screaming/singing them with him too. To me, a TooL concert is an experience of the band's energy they're creating right in front of us and to interact with them as they play. going to a TooL concert isn't about hearing the songs as studio quality. come on man, lighten up.

Anyways, Justin is definitely the most energetic and active guy up there, bobbing his head, hair flaring in his face, body moving in perfect unison to not only to his bassline, but to the rest of the band's music.

the highlight for me was W4M 1 & 2, just because it reminds me of how far TooL has progressed with their music, all the way from songs like Hush, Jerk Off, and Sober to the Grudge, Aenima, and Push It to Vicarious and Right Into. Maynard even said tonight that it take a lot of emotion, feeling, and thought to go into performing and when W4M started playing, you could definitely feel it. fans were very respectful, because they all know what this song means to Maynard and like myself, probably have some similar feelings when they hear it played.

Flood was pleasantly unexpected and pretty cool to see Justin quo-ing the rest of the band on him. thats a song that they probably haven't played live in a long time and to be able to put it together last second tonight was something special.

finally, Melt Banana wasn't exactly TooL, but they wern't that bad on a Sonic Youth, Radiohead facade. i actually enjoyed watching their retro 80s punk style, certainly over any of these stupid talentless bands out there playing today---i will spare names from my derogatory comments.