View Single Post
Grox
06-09-2007, 05:36 AM

hmm...I guess I'll repost this here:

Melt-Banana should be awesome, I'm a big fan. In fact, they were gonna headline a show at the Ottobar tonight, but they cancelled it in favor of opening for Tool. Sorta sucks, since they're a really great live band when the venue is more intimate. I really hope no Tool fans come on here after the show and lament about how much Melt-Banana sucks, I mean really, there's a reason they're touring with Tool. Isn't the whole idea of Tool to have an open mind about things? Just sayin'. Stuff like this usually happens when big bands get smaller, more ecentric to open for them, like when Deerhoof opened for Radiohead (oh god, the Radiohead fans slaughtered them). It's just sorta lame, you know? A band that prides on being progressive that has fans that are not really as open to other music as they should be.

also, did anyone else notice that maynard sings a little higher live? I though that was pretty cool. stinkfist was the best song of the night.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:36 AM   #10
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/08 - Baltimore, MD - 1st Mariner Arena

hmm...I guess I'll repost this here:

Melt-Banana should be awesome, I'm a big fan. In fact, they were gonna headline a show at the Ottobar tonight, but they cancelled it in favor of opening for Tool. Sorta sucks, since they're a really great live band when the venue is more intimate. I really hope no Tool fans come on here after the show and lament about how much Melt-Banana sucks, I mean really, there's a reason they're touring with Tool. Isn't the whole idea of Tool to have an open mind about things? Just sayin'. Stuff like this usually happens when big bands get smaller, more ecentric to open for them, like when Deerhoof opened for Radiohead (oh god, the Radiohead fans slaughtered them). It's just sorta lame, you know? A band that prides on being progressive that has fans that are not really as open to other music as they should be.

also, did anyone else notice that maynard sings a little higher live? I though that was pretty cool. stinkfist was the best song of the night.
OFFLINE |