View Single Post
iceman316
06-09-2007, 01:08 AM

This was my 3rd Tool show. I saw them in Baltimore during the Lateralus Tour and again in October of last year during the 2006 10,000 Days Arena Tour. I had floor "seats" for this show and I was about 20 feet back and to the right of center-stage. (Right in front of Justin and in the middle of that ugly mosh pit.)

Each one of Tool's shows is unique and there have been aspects of each one that really stand out. The Lateralus shows had far better visuals and stage props than the 10,000 Days shows. I do think though that the actual stage performance and audio has been the best at the 10,000 Days shows. I was pleased to see that they upgraded the visuals slightly for this show over what they had in 06.

The band, as always, was on-point and they put on an amazing performance. Maynard and Danny were themselves, nothing too noteworthy. Maynard's telephone gag was hilarious though. Justin was full of energy as usual. I think that he generates a lot of the on-stage atmosphere and emotion for the band and he seems to have the strongest connection with the crowd. If you need proof of this, just remember that he was the one that fired up his lighter and joined everyone else. Adam kind of depressed me tonight. He's normally a lot more relaxed than the other three, but tonight it just looked like he had lost his puppy or something. Anyone else notice that? Maybe his pig-tails were too tight? Either way, his performance tonight was awesome... I expected nothing less.

The set list was well balanced and the transitions between songs were very smooth. I noticed that they changed their pace up a little bit over last year's show. Last year, they took their break after Wings 1 & 2 and at tonight's show, they took it before. Obviously not a big deal and probably not something that is "scripted" anyway, just an observation. There are songs that I wanted to hear tonight that they didn't play, but I still left the arena happy.

The opening band, Melt Banana, was so horrible that I can't even find the words to describe their performance. I have a thing for Japanese girls, so I think the lead singer is cute. The guitarist just looked like a douche with that mask on. What was the point anyway? Trying to prevent the spread of SUCK onto the crowd? Jerk.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:08 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/08 - Baltimore, MD - 1st Mariner Arena

This was my 3rd Tool show. I saw them in Baltimore during the Lateralus Tour and again in October of last year during the 2006 10,000 Days Arena Tour. I had floor "seats" for this show and I was about 20 feet back and to the right of center-stage. (Right in front of Justin and in the middle of that ugly mosh pit.)

Each one of Tool's shows is unique and there have been aspects of each one that really stand out. The Lateralus shows had far better visuals and stage props than the 10,000 Days shows. I do think though that the actual stage performance and audio has been the best at the 10,000 Days shows. I was pleased to see that they upgraded the visuals slightly for this show over what they had in 06.

The band, as always, was on-point and they put on an amazing performance. Maynard and Danny were themselves, nothing too noteworthy. Maynard's telephone gag was hilarious though. Justin was full of energy as usual. I think that he generates a lot of the on-stage atmosphere and emotion for the band and he seems to have the strongest connection with the crowd. If you need proof of this, just remember that he was the one that fired up his lighter and joined everyone else. Adam kind of depressed me tonight. He's normally a lot more relaxed than the other three, but tonight it just looked like he had lost his puppy or something. Anyone else notice that? Maybe his pig-tails were too tight? Either way, his performance tonight was awesome... I expected nothing less.

The set list was well balanced and the transitions between songs were very smooth. I noticed that they changed their pace up a little bit over last year's show. Last year, they took their break after Wings 1 & 2 and at tonight's show, they took it before. Obviously not a big deal and probably not something that is "scripted" anyway, just an observation. There are songs that I wanted to hear tonight that they didn't play, but I still left the arena happy.

The opening band, Melt Banana, was so horrible that I can't even find the words to describe their performance. I have a thing for Japanese girls, so I think the lead singer is cute. The guitarist just looked like a douche with that mask on. What was the point anyway? Trying to prevent the spread of SUCK onto the crowd? Jerk.
OFFLINE |