View Single Post
ParisClitoris
05-20-2007, 04:06 PM

Tool took the night off, and that is most sad indeed. I saw them twice in KC--on the last leg and at the warm-up show. Both of those were superior to the lackluster and uninspired performance at the Ford Center (great venue, by the way). The band is more intimate with the KS/KC crowd, to be sure. A band such as Tool cannot get away without playing "Vicarious," "Aenima," "Sober," "The Pot." Carey was palpably weak on the drums relative to his previous titanlike performances on the first leg--preinjury. No showing off in the least; he is still injured (no doubt in mind). I am sad that a petty fight would break out at a Tool show, but maybe more disheartened that so many people would feel apt to cheer such a fisticuff. Also, MJK has done the hick routine on every date of this tour--it is not unique to OK. Musical precision was great, but the band is just clocking in, and it shows, oh, how it shows. What about "Opiate"?
Old 05-20-2007, 04:06 PM   #39
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Ford Center

Tool took the night off, and that is most sad indeed. I saw them twice in KC--on the last leg and at the warm-up show. Both of those were superior to the lackluster and uninspired performance at the Ford Center (great venue, by the way). The band is more intimate with the KS/KC crowd, to be sure. A band such as Tool cannot get away without playing "Vicarious," "Aenima," "Sober," "The Pot." Carey was palpably weak on the drums relative to his previous titanlike performances on the first leg--preinjury. No showing off in the least; he is still injured (no doubt in mind). I am sad that a petty fight would break out at a Tool show, but maybe more disheartened that so many people would feel apt to cheer such a fisticuff. Also, MJK has done the hick routine on every date of this tour--it is not unique to OK. Musical precision was great, but the band is just clocking in, and it shows, oh, how it shows. What about "Opiate"?
OFFLINE |