View Single Post
Hannibal's Avatar Hannibal
05-19-2007, 11:50 PM

So I really wanted Pushit. Like, that was the only reason I wanted to go to OKC was the possibility of seeing Pushit, since they played it a few weeks ago, and were alternating. I was excited because my top 5 TOOL songs are Pushit, Lateralus, Stinkfist, The Patient, and Jambi, and I'd see 4/5 live (I saw the Patient on the Lateralus tour 2002).

So I was disappointed. But not as much as you may think I would have been.

Yes, it was a shorter set list. I was surprised when the lights came on.

However, I have not seen a shot this tight, and so cohesive in my life. It was the best Tool concert I've been to, (I've been to 4), and the Ford Center was great. I actually HEARD Maynard during Rosetta Stoned. I was excited for Wings this time too, and was not let down. Lateralus, unbelievable, as well as Jambi - incredible, plus the extended Stinkfist? Amazing show. Incredible visuals and the sound was perfect. And, when Maynard is into it, he sucks you in. Wichita, he was bored. The crowd was excellent for OKC too.

the negatives: No Pushit, short set list (not too bothered by this) and the biggest problem.....OKC people (chicks mostly) are ugly. No offense, (I didn't pay too much attention to the dudes) but the girls are hideous. I think I saw maybe 3 decentl ooking women tonight. what the fuck is wrong with you people? Do you mate within your own families? Anyways, not part of the concert but still. And if your girlfriend doesn't like TOOL...don't bring her. Some moron with his 16 y/o wife was standing next to me cuddling and she kept complaining about wanting to go home. Shut up bitch!

Positives: Awesome show. Easy access to OKC. IHOP. Visuals, sound, etc.

Random observations...

- Schism needs to go. He impressed me with a random scream in there, but this song is on its last leg. Its a downer. Both my friend and I saw the visual pop up of the ticker and it was like "oh great, here's Schism again." Its just not doing it. The Patient would have been so much better.

- I'm sure that once this 10,000 Days tour is done, we'll never hear Rosetta Stoned again. It just doesn't work. The 10 minute Lost Keys intro was annoying. People wonder why the set was so short, they played for the same amount of time in Wichita, but there was a super long LK intro which was dumb. I got bored with it fast. At least I could hear him this time, and it wasn't nearly as boring as Wichita. But I think we'll see this one fade out soon. Its definitely my least favorite track on 10,000 Days.

- Right in Two = money. This song gets better every time I hear it. Its moved up on my list of songs. I wish they'd do Intension, but Right in Two is amazing either way. I have grown to really appreciate this song after seeing it live twice. Just simply amazing. Maynard's vocals were perfect for it too, and Danny's drumming was insane.

- Wings for Marie/10,000 Days: the reason I went. I wasn't sure after KC back in September, if I'd ever want to see this again. I felt odd hearing it, but then in Wichita I got through the fact that if Maynard was going to have problems singing it, he wouldn't have put it on the record. I think of Jon Davis of Korn singning "Daddy" on their first album and how he cries like a bitch at the end. So they never play that live pretty much, b/c it hits a personal chord with him. GAY. Maynard sings about it b/c he wants to. And it comes out beautifuly. The best song of the night by far was the Wings duo.

- Stinkfist will never get old.

- Forty-Six & Two will.

- Lateralus won't.

- Jambi is the best song from 10,000 Days.

- OKC women are still nasty as fuck.

Overall concert experience: A

as opposed to Wichita: B-
Old 05-19-2007, 11:50 PM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144
Re: 2007/05/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Ford Center

So I really wanted Pushit. Like, that was the only reason I wanted to go to OKC was the possibility of seeing Pushit, since they played it a few weeks ago, and were alternating. I was excited because my top 5 TOOL songs are Pushit, Lateralus, Stinkfist, The Patient, and Jambi, and I'd see 4/5 live (I saw the Patient on the Lateralus tour 2002).

So I was disappointed. But not as much as you may think I would have been.

Yes, it was a shorter set list. I was surprised when the lights came on.

However, I have not seen a shot this tight, and so cohesive in my life. It was the best Tool concert I've been to, (I've been to 4), and the Ford Center was great. I actually HEARD Maynard during Rosetta Stoned. I was excited for Wings this time too, and was not let down. Lateralus, unbelievable, as well as Jambi - incredible, plus the extended Stinkfist? Amazing show. Incredible visuals and the sound was perfect. And, when Maynard is into it, he sucks you in. Wichita, he was bored. The crowd was excellent for OKC too.

the negatives: No Pushit, short set list (not too bothered by this) and the biggest problem.....OKC people (chicks mostly) are ugly. No offense, (I didn't pay too much attention to the dudes) but the girls are hideous. I think I saw maybe 3 decentl ooking women tonight. what the fuck is wrong with you people? Do you mate within your own families? Anyways, not part of the concert but still. And if your girlfriend doesn't like TOOL...don't bring her. Some moron with his 16 y/o wife was standing next to me cuddling and she kept complaining about wanting to go home. Shut up bitch!

Positives: Awesome show. Easy access to OKC. IHOP. Visuals, sound, etc.

Random observations...

- Schism needs to go. He impressed me with a random scream in there, but this song is on its last leg. Its a downer. Both my friend and I saw the visual pop up of the ticker and it was like "oh great, here's Schism again." Its just not doing it. The Patient would have been so much better.

- I'm sure that once this 10,000 Days tour is done, we'll never hear Rosetta Stoned again. It just doesn't work. The 10 minute Lost Keys intro was annoying. People wonder why the set was so short, they played for the same amount of time in Wichita, but there was a super long LK intro which was dumb. I got bored with it fast. At least I could hear him this time, and it wasn't nearly as boring as Wichita. But I think we'll see this one fade out soon. Its definitely my least favorite track on 10,000 Days.

- Right in Two = money. This song gets better every time I hear it. Its moved up on my list of songs. I wish they'd do Intension, but Right in Two is amazing either way. I have grown to really appreciate this song after seeing it live twice. Just simply amazing. Maynard's vocals were perfect for it too, and Danny's drumming was insane.

- Wings for Marie/10,000 Days: the reason I went. I wasn't sure after KC back in September, if I'd ever want to see this again. I felt odd hearing it, but then in Wichita I got through the fact that if Maynard was going to have problems singing it, he wouldn't have put it on the record. I think of Jon Davis of Korn singning "Daddy" on their first album and how he cries like a bitch at the end. So they never play that live pretty much, b/c it hits a personal chord with him. GAY. Maynard sings about it b/c he wants to. And it comes out beautifuly. The best song of the night by far was the Wings duo.

- Stinkfist will never get old.

- Forty-Six & Two will.

- Lateralus won't.

- Jambi is the best song from 10,000 Days.

- OKC women are still nasty as fuck.

Overall concert experience: A

as opposed to Wichita: B-