View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 08:33 PM   #78
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/01/31 - Melbourne, AUS - Sidney Myer Music Bowl

i can imagine how the vibe on the lawn might have been a bit lacking, but everyone in the seats was loving it...

as for maynard not putting in 100%, i think the reality of the situation is that he's not as young as he used to be, he's had recent vocal troubles, and he's had to tone it down so that he can last the duration of an entire show, as well as the entire tour. it's probably why the sets aren't as long as they used to be, and why they stray away from the older material that requires more of a growl. people's voices naturally change with age. look at johnny cash, for instance. i wouldn't take that as an indicator of whether he was enjoying himself or not, he was just his usual self... and people expecting witty banter were always bound to be disappointed.

and i agree with the post a few up from this... he looked like he was having fun. probably hard to see from the lawn.

i have a feeling, and i may be wrong, that the people who complain about the lack of growl in the vocals and the lack of moshing are probably the same people who thought a good choice of support act would have been the butterfly effect or cog. make of that what you will.

Last edited by kungfuonion; 02-01-2007 at 09:08 PM..
OFFLINE |