View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 09:11 AM   #133
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/30 - Washington D.C. - Verizon Arena

This was the third time that I have seen Tool, and of course... THEY OWNED. I really enjoyed the set they played even though my seats were a little iffy up in section 419. My sis won the tickets from DC101 before tickets even went on sale. So people be warned. Radio shows don't necessarily hook you up. And to the guy that won front row tickets from DC101...You lucky, lucky bastard! Next time I will be there. Anyway, Tool opened the show with some of my all time favorite songs. This show was a little different than their other shows in that this really the first time that I've seen Maynard really out there. He's normally been back in the shadows singing wearing his underwear. It was kind of nice to see him this time but he still didn't stand front and center. Bravo to you for that, Maynard. Well, Bravo to you for a whole hell of a lot more than that, but I am so damn tired of the lead singer trying to upstage his band. Tool are obviously all equals in the band or at least that's what it says to me. But it is curious about how MJK is more visable. Why is that I wonder.

I thought that Verizon arena blew. What the fuck is up with the Sphincter Police in that place???!! My sister and I got busted twice for trying to hit a jay there. It's a rock concert dammit. That's what goes on. I've never been to an venue that was so uptight and you hear me on this one Soulisshaking!! Step the fuck off people.

The lasers were so totally sweet, Junior. You're the man.

Does anybody know what was up with the people in the Lab coats? I'm assuming that Junior was back behind Danny. What exactly was he doing back there? I couldn't see from where I was sitting.
OFFLINE |