Thread: Vicarious Video
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 07:02 PM   #373
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Vicarious Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshenstein View Post
Anyone know the name of the CGI house Adam works with?
Jones' studies began in 1983 at the Hollywood Makeup Academy by learning "straight make-up," because he thought it would help him out. His focus of interest shifted to film, and he began to work as a sculptor and special effects designer where he learned the stop-motion camera techniques he would later apply in Tool's videos for Sober, Prison Sex, Stinkfist, Ænema, Schism, Parabola, and Vicarious. He graduated in 1987.

After graduation, he went to work at Rick Lazzarini's "The Character Shop". During the next couple of years, he worked on a TV show called Monsters. He designed and fabricated a Grim Reaper makeup and a Zombie head on a spike (later used in Ghostbusters 2), among others. After that he went to Stan Winston's where he worked on Predator 2, sculpting a unique looking skull for the Predator's space ship interior.

Jones worked on several other big films in Hollywood doing makeup and set design, including Jurassic Park and Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

-It says stop-motion will be in vicarious... which we all knew... if i recall correctly he gives credit to the Brothers Quay as inspiration.
as far as cgi... i know they switched cgi companies because of a conflict... not sure who they're with now.
Note: If any of this has already been said... sorry... didn't follow thread.

Last edited by GaminCoda; 08-24-2006 at 07:09 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote