View Single Post
tbrent21's Avatar tbrent21
05-23-2006, 07:06 PM

Euphoric moments. The truly special ones. Where you are transported to another dimension.

Undertow: Best abbreviated moment: "I HAVE FOUND some kind of temporary sanity in this..." in Prison Sex. Best extended moment: the whole end of Bottom after the spoken word part, climaxing with - "guilt keeps me alive at the bottom!!!" Perhaps a tie with the intro in Flood leading into where you can first hear Paul's bass line.

AEnima: Best abbreviated moment: Hard to beat "I'll keep digging!" Best extended moment: my favorite is when the intro in Eulogy finally ends and the wall of guitar sound erupts, along with the "So loooooong!"

Lateralus: Best abbreviated moment: I love the guitar riff in The Grudge during the "defining . . confining . . sinking deeper" part. I also like the second chorus in Parabola where Maynard kicks it up an octave. Best extended moment: NO F***ING CONTEST here, the whole end part of Lateralus, mindblowing. Cannot be put in words, so why try.

New album: Hard to say because I need this to sink in a few years of listening to really pick favorite parts. But right now, and this will probably all change tomorrow, but I'm thinking Rosetta Stoned all the way. The "Overwhelmed as one would be . . . . I forgot my pen, shit the bed again, typical" climactic segment is glorious.

Sorry to leave out Opiate, I love that album but I don't think of it in terms of euphoric moments.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:06 PM   #128
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: most euphoric Tool moment ever

Euphoric moments. The truly special ones. Where you are transported to another dimension.

Undertow: Best abbreviated moment: "I HAVE FOUND some kind of temporary sanity in this..." in Prison Sex. Best extended moment: the whole end of Bottom after the spoken word part, climaxing with - "guilt keeps me alive at the bottom!!!" Perhaps a tie with the intro in Flood leading into where you can first hear Paul's bass line.

AEnima: Best abbreviated moment: Hard to beat "I'll keep digging!" Best extended moment: my favorite is when the intro in Eulogy finally ends and the wall of guitar sound erupts, along with the "So loooooong!"

Lateralus: Best abbreviated moment: I love the guitar riff in The Grudge during the "defining . . confining . . sinking deeper" part. I also like the second chorus in Parabola where Maynard kicks it up an octave. Best extended moment: NO F***ING CONTEST here, the whole end part of Lateralus, mindblowing. Cannot be put in words, so why try.

New album: Hard to say because I need this to sink in a few years of listening to really pick favorite parts. But right now, and this will probably all change tomorrow, but I'm thinking Rosetta Stoned all the way. The "Overwhelmed as one would be . . . . I forgot my pen, shit the bed again, typical" climactic segment is glorious.

Sorry to leave out Opiate, I love that album but I don't think of it in terms of euphoric moments.