View Single Post
mommyluvsmusic
05-09-2006, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvn
Newbury Comics and Record and Tape Traders are both small chains, where's the Best Buy, the Circuit City, the Sam Goody, the FYE etc etc....

Or are these the only retailers they get a top 10 list from?

-dvn

The same company that owns FYE bought what was left of the Sam Goody chain in March. (They filed bankruptcy earlier in the year.) Not sure if they report to the hits daily double website or not. I do know that 10k was the best selling album for the chain last week. Everyone seems to think that the RHCP will be the CD to beat this week, but in my store the big seller was the new Jagged Edge.

BTW, the second biggest seller in my store today was 10K. Even in its second week it still outsold Stadium Arcadium by a 4:1. I don't know if this will be indicative of sales everywhere or if my area is just inhabited by a bunch of RHCP haters!

Last edited by mommyluvsmusic; 05-09-2006 at 09:04 PM..
Old 05-09-2006, 08:52 PM   #198
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: With 54.40% Of USA Sales in 10KD has sold 233,629

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvn
Newbury Comics and Record and Tape Traders are both small chains, where's the Best Buy, the Circuit City, the Sam Goody, the FYE etc etc....

Or are these the only retailers they get a top 10 list from?

-dvn

The same company that owns FYE bought what was left of the Sam Goody chain in March. (They filed bankruptcy earlier in the year.) Not sure if they report to the hits daily double website or not. I do know that 10k was the best selling album for the chain last week. Everyone seems to think that the RHCP will be the CD to beat this week, but in my store the big seller was the new Jagged Edge.

BTW, the second biggest seller in my store today was 10K. Even in its second week it still outsold Stadium Arcadium by a 4:1. I don't know if this will be indicative of sales everywhere or if my area is just inhabited by a bunch of RHCP haters!

Last edited by mommyluvsmusic; 05-09-2006 at 09:04 PM..
OFFLINE |