View Single Post
Kristy31803's Avatar Kristy31803
07-18-2007, 03:27 PM

My 5th TOOL show, and by far I think it was quite disappointing compared to the others.

I just received a text on my phone from my boyfriend who's friend works at the Tweeter Center. Here is the reason that TOOL started a half an hour late: "The Tool show started late because of the traffic situation. They didn't want cell phone in because they were afraid that people would throw them in the mosh pit which didn't exist."

So, not only was the show held up by people having to go BACK to their cars because apparently we are all going to throw our expensive cell phones into invisible mosh pits, but the incompetence of the traffic directors held back a half an hour of TOOL from me and that pisses me off.

I was in section 6, row X, and the sound quality absolutely blew. Last year I was in section 8 and I could hear and see everything, so I didn't believe all of the complaints from people last September until Thursday night.

It sounded like there were quite a few mistakes made by each member of the band at one point or another (maybe not Justin, I could be wrong) and while the songs were still good, they didn't deliver the same kind of power for me because of those mistakes.

Maybe it was the area I was sitting in, but except for one guy going crazy out of his head, the energy was so incredibly low. There was also an annoying couple next to us professing their love to one another "FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER" at the top of their lungs, to the point I could hear them over the band. To them: Do you realize you are at a TOOL show???? Do you even know who the fuck TOOL is??? Also, someone mentioned the "supposed" TOOL fans who were moving in and out of the rows... that was quite annoying. All of these little distractions totally took away from the full experience, and it was my boyfriend's first TOOL show so I was a little upset because I've been hyping it up for years.

There were also a lot of really older people there. Anyone else notice that?? Nothing annoying there, I just hadn't seen that before. I was surprised, because my parents would never think to go with me haha.

I loved that they actually played Flood and Pushit, but I don't think they picked the most energy-inducing songs like they did last September. I missed my Aenima though :) The one song which made me fall in love with them is the one song I NEED everytime I see them! Either that or H.... someday again soon I'm sure!

Fuck you Tweeter Center, psuedo TOOL fans, and couples who need to go to a fucking Justin Timberlake concert to make out. Ugh.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:27 PM   #85
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/12 - Boston, MA - Tweeter Center

My 5th TOOL show, and by far I think it was quite disappointing compared to the others.

I just received a text on my phone from my boyfriend who's friend works at the Tweeter Center. Here is the reason that TOOL started a half an hour late: "The Tool show started late because of the traffic situation. They didn't want cell phone in because they were afraid that people would throw them in the mosh pit which didn't exist."

So, not only was the show held up by people having to go BACK to their cars because apparently we are all going to throw our expensive cell phones into invisible mosh pits, but the incompetence of the traffic directors held back a half an hour of TOOL from me and that pisses me off.

I was in section 6, row X, and the sound quality absolutely blew. Last year I was in section 8 and I could hear and see everything, so I didn't believe all of the complaints from people last September until Thursday night.

It sounded like there were quite a few mistakes made by each member of the band at one point or another (maybe not Justin, I could be wrong) and while the songs were still good, they didn't deliver the same kind of power for me because of those mistakes.

Maybe it was the area I was sitting in, but except for one guy going crazy out of his head, the energy was so incredibly low. There was also an annoying couple next to us professing their love to one another "FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER" at the top of their lungs, to the point I could hear them over the band. To them: Do you realize you are at a TOOL show???? Do you even know who the fuck TOOL is??? Also, someone mentioned the "supposed" TOOL fans who were moving in and out of the rows... that was quite annoying. All of these little distractions totally took away from the full experience, and it was my boyfriend's first TOOL show so I was a little upset because I've been hyping it up for years.

There were also a lot of really older people there. Anyone else notice that?? Nothing annoying there, I just hadn't seen that before. I was surprised, because my parents would never think to go with me haha.

I loved that they actually played Flood and Pushit, but I don't think they picked the most energy-inducing songs like they did last September. I missed my Aenima though :) The one song which made me fall in love with them is the one song I NEED everytime I see them! Either that or H.... someday again soon I'm sure!

Fuck you Tweeter Center, psuedo TOOL fans, and couples who need to go to a fucking Justin Timberlake concert to make out. Ugh.