Thread: lyrics
View Single Post
tyroneslothrop's Avatar tyroneslothrop
04-30-2006, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by something_Dark
as I saw Area 51,
Contemplating the multitudes of people taken against a flaming stone
Then it split the sky like right open, I never expected to see a place like this
Everyone seems to think that he says "I never expected to see a place like this" or "I never expected to see it in a place like this". But I think it is really "but what do you expect to see in a place like this?" Not only does it sound like that to my ear but it makes a lot more sense. just my opinion, anyone agree?
"The greatest hazard of all, losing the self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss- an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc.- is sure to be noticed"-Kierkegaard
Old 04-30-2006, 09:58 PM   #25
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10
Re: lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by something_Dark
as I saw Area 51,
Contemplating the multitudes of people taken against a flaming stone
Then it split the sky like right open, I never expected to see a place like this
Everyone seems to think that he says "I never expected to see a place like this" or "I never expected to see it in a place like this". But I think it is really "but what do you expect to see in a place like this?" Not only does it sound like that to my ear but it makes a lot more sense. just my opinion, anyone agree?
"The greatest hazard of all, losing the self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss- an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc.- is sure to be noticed"-Kierkegaard
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote