View Single Post
someguythatwantsin
04-23-2006, 01:49 PM

Ok. So for all you people sitting around thinking that this is a bunch of b-sides. I just have a few things to say. First off, there is no reason for these to be b-sides. Sure some of the material here is perhaps to much for some to handle i.e. biblical references, the spiritual content, and the faith that is obviously inherent in the material. Perhaps the song Rosetta Stoned just bothers some people....why? It's a great song. The music is genius and the chaos is a perfect representation of a bad trip. If you've never had one then don't assume anything. So what if Maynard uses the phrase shit the bed....he also coined the phrase "Released in this Sodomy" in Prison Sex. Or have you all simply forgotten that. Furthermore why should these guys bust their ass double time to "hoax" a leaked album to a bunch of people that are simply going to argue and get angry about it. I mean really? We shouldn't even be listening to these songs right now, if we had any decency or respect for the band. You should count yourself lucky to be hearing new material, VALID OR NOT. The album will be out in a few days, and the answers will be staring you in the face. Should these songs be leaked b-sides, then I say "Hallejujah" and nothing more. The songs are top-notch. If this isn't the real album then it's unfortunate because I've already spoken with a few friends and decided this is probably my favorite peice of work from them since I first started following them in 96 (I say 96, because that is when I was first able to appreciate the music. I was 14 then). On a side note I had Placebo's Meds like a month before a release, the cd has the same material as my leaked copy. I also have a copy of the new Secret Machines album, which as far as I know, is not out yet. For my final point, all of this talk about b-sides, and double albums is a prime example of americans being spoiled on bigger better and faster. You people are dissapointing (and I don't mean all of you, unfortunately the people I'm speaking to probably won't even get it.) Just be happy with what you have. How about some love and compassion, since that's what this life should be about....now if you don't mind, I'm going to excuse myself, it's time for my orange slices....
Old 04-23-2006, 01:49 PM   #38
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: This is a B-side - let's discuss it

Ok. So for all you people sitting around thinking that this is a bunch of b-sides. I just have a few things to say. First off, there is no reason for these to be b-sides. Sure some of the material here is perhaps to much for some to handle i.e. biblical references, the spiritual content, and the faith that is obviously inherent in the material. Perhaps the song Rosetta Stoned just bothers some people....why? It's a great song. The music is genius and the chaos is a perfect representation of a bad trip. If you've never had one then don't assume anything. So what if Maynard uses the phrase shit the bed....he also coined the phrase "Released in this Sodomy" in Prison Sex. Or have you all simply forgotten that. Furthermore why should these guys bust their ass double time to "hoax" a leaked album to a bunch of people that are simply going to argue and get angry about it. I mean really? We shouldn't even be listening to these songs right now, if we had any decency or respect for the band. You should count yourself lucky to be hearing new material, VALID OR NOT. The album will be out in a few days, and the answers will be staring you in the face. Should these songs be leaked b-sides, then I say "Hallejujah" and nothing more. The songs are top-notch. If this isn't the real album then it's unfortunate because I've already spoken with a few friends and decided this is probably my favorite peice of work from them since I first started following them in 96 (I say 96, because that is when I was first able to appreciate the music. I was 14 then). On a side note I had Placebo's Meds like a month before a release, the cd has the same material as my leaked copy. I also have a copy of the new Secret Machines album, which as far as I know, is not out yet. For my final point, all of this talk about b-sides, and double albums is a prime example of americans being spoiled on bigger better and faster. You people are dissapointing (and I don't mean all of you, unfortunately the people I'm speaking to probably won't even get it.) Just be happy with what you have. How about some love and compassion, since that's what this life should be about....now if you don't mind, I'm going to excuse myself, it's time for my orange slices....
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote