View Single Post
JE Mack's Avatar JE Mack
04-23-2006, 12:44 PM

I feel like this song would have been great right before the song Aenima, and two songs before Third Eye. The guy is talking about aliens telling him to communicate a message about the end of the world, and then in Aenima there is a talk about the end of the world and "Learn to swim" -- a message of hope for those who choose to hear, a warning for those who don't. I know it's crazy, but I honestly used to think Third Eye had something to do with alien abduction (with aliens coming back after being gone for a long time, and the blue light that people often reporting shining down on the abductee), and also that the end of the world scenario in Aenima was a lot like people report in alien abduction cases, so this song actually kind of freaks me out. And of course aliens were also mentioned at the end of Lateralus. I thought it was too much of a coincidence. If this song was originally meant for Aenima, I don't think it's really a joke -- I think it's making fun of something, kind of like you make fun of your own past mistakes, but I don't think it's a joke and I don't think it's meant to offend anyone.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:44 PM   #32
Banned.

Bincount™: 3972
Re: This is a B-side - let's discuss it

I feel like this song would have been great right before the song Aenima, and two songs before Third Eye. The guy is talking about aliens telling him to communicate a message about the end of the world, and then in Aenima there is a talk about the end of the world and "Learn to swim" -- a message of hope for those who choose to hear, a warning for those who don't. I know it's crazy, but I honestly used to think Third Eye had something to do with alien abduction (with aliens coming back after being gone for a long time, and the blue light that people often reporting shining down on the abductee), and also that the end of the world scenario in Aenima was a lot like people report in alien abduction cases, so this song actually kind of freaks me out. And of course aliens were also mentioned at the end of Lateralus. I thought it was too much of a coincidence. If this song was originally meant for Aenima, I don't think it's really a joke -- I think it's making fun of something, kind of like you make fun of your own past mistakes, but I don't think it's a joke and I don't think it's meant to offend anyone.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote